Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller, budget of approx $600

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:11 pm
Ok, so now that the twins have B"H arrived safe and healthy, one of my relatives would like to buy us a good double stroller and are giving us $600 for it.

We already have a double snap and go to use with the infant car seats, so I am not in a major rush to buy this BUT this is the kind of relative that will get a lot of naches from knowing that we bought the stroller and seeing us use it down the road.

I have pretty much set my heart on the mountain buggy urban double, but my question is, with my budget in mind, should I be looking at something else? I live in the burbs and do not need a city stroller.

This is a stroller for shul, shopping, travel, etc.

G-d willing one day we will also shlep this stroller around Disney! Very Happy

TIA!

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:26 pm
That is a really great stroller and easy to push with kids in it. But when you get the jogging type strollers they take up alot of space in the trunk and are hard to maneuver through a store. I have a double maclaren and its great for travel. It fold up small and is decent to push with the kids inside.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:28 pm
the new mountain buggy duo is pretty cool- and only $679 this year (as opposed to $899 last year)

http://www.pishposhbaby.com/mo......html

the baby joggers are also pretty much within your budget. have you considered the new city select- it takes 2 car seats. so does the easy walker duo- but only maxi cosi micos I'm told & those are pretty expensive.

I'll keep thinking for you.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:31 pm
Pickle Lady wrote:
That is a really great stroller and easy to push with kids in it. But when you get the jogging type strollers they take up alot of space in the trunk and are hard to maneuver through a store. I have a double maclaren and its great for travel. It fold up small and is decent to push with the kids inside.

I hate the way the mac double pushes (no offense or anything). the mb duo is probably one of the easiest folds of any all terrain stroller. question is if you want one. do you want it to be car seat compatible. the baby joggers have THE easiest fold of anything. but if you go into AT they get heavy- the mb is lighter.

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:59 pm
chaylizi wrote:
the new mountain buggy duo is pretty cool- and only $679 this year (as opposed to $899 last year)

the baby joggers are also pretty much within your budget. have you considered the new city select- it takes 2 car seats. so does the easy walker duo- but only maxi cosi micos I'm told & those are pretty expensive.

Wow, that new mountain buggy does look great! $679 is fine for us.

Is pishposhbaby.com a good site to buy from?

Kumphort

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 5:03 pm
I just bought this for my 5 months old twins http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WG5LSS. I was dwbating between the MB and babyjogger it seemed like ppl liked the bj better, especially the 2 hoods aspect. for now I am mainly using mt Snap n go still, but this is a nice stroller for walking around town. once my girls outgrow their carseats, I will prob use my older maclaren as a car stroller. some of my friends tell me that they use their babyjogger in and out of their car, but if I already have the maclaren I will just use that.

anyhow, at this price,u can but the babyjogger, and maclaren 4 ur budget, solving the problem of finding the one perfect strollr, this also gives u a backup, for those shabbosim, u leave it in the car etc

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 6:03 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Pickle Lady wrote:

I hate the way the mac double pushes (no offense or anything). the mb duo is probably one of the easiest folds of any all terrain stroller. question is if you want one. do you want it to be car seat compatible. the baby joggers have THE easiest fold of anything. but if you go into AT they get heavy- the mb is lighter.

I totally agree that the maclaren is harder to push in comparison to a jogger. Remember it was only 7 or 8 years ago that maclarens were the best option for a double stroller. When it comes to going to the mall or other types of travel, a macalren is the best. The baby jogger is easy to fold but still takes up a temedus amount when folded.

neverbored

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 6:15 pm
DiznyIma wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

Wow, that new mountain buggy does look great! $679 is fine for us.

Is pishposhbaby.com a good site to buy from?

They also have a 10% off coupon on the left of the page when you follow the link, plus free shipping. A pretty good deal.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:21 pm
Pickle Lady wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
Pickle Lady wrote:

I totally agree that the maclaren is harder to push in comparison to a jogger. Remember it was only 7 or 8 years ago that maclarens were the best option for a double stroller. When it comes to going to the mall or other types of travel, a macalren is the best. The baby jogger is easy to fold but still takes up a temedus amount when folded.

I actually had a mac first & it was so hard to push that I bought a city mini double. it is so easy to fold & I have room for a single & groceries in my van. but I live in the suburbs & need a car stroller. I bought this after I sold my bumbleride indie twin- I hated the fold on that thing.

also my oldest is 6.5 & my 1st 2 are 4 years apart. so I didn't need a double until last summer when dd broke her leg (and I was having a baby soon anyway). lots of choices then.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:25 pm
Pish Posh Baby has a store in Lakewood called Piccolino. You can go in there and most of the time they give you much better deals than their website. They are so nice and easy to deal with. I shop there all the time and people are amazed how much cheaper I can get things than from any online store.

malkie

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:37 pm
Baby Jogger City Series double is on sale at Albeebaby.com for $349. Free shipping.

Marriedinisrael

Post Mon, Nov 02 2009, 5:52 am
Well, the new City Select comes out in December- so check that out before you decide totally- it takes 2 bassinets, 2 car seats, and is reversible with both seats, as well as being an inline.
However...it costs 499, and then adding the double seat for 169....hitting the top of your budget and over it.

Marz613

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:05 am
try out a bob revolution duallie. $569.
much easier to pish compared to the MB.

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 2:27 pm
We finally went to check out the double strollers "in the flesh" at Piccolino and bought.....the 2010 City Mini! It looks so awesome and folds up so easily!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics