Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
3 Month sleeping through the night

happy mommy68

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 6:39 am
Hi,

I really need some advice.

My 3 month will not sleep for a substantial amount of time at night (not more than 3 hours). I end up falling asleep with her while nursing and whenever she fidgits in the night I nurse her.

I think she is just hungry through the night as I am not producing as much during the night as during the day.

Any advice?? Should I be giving her a bottle of breastmilk at night? We would rather avoid formula...

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thanks!

lavender

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 6:52 am
I dont think your problem is that your baby is hungry, the problem is you are picking her up to feed her when she is just fidgeting and not necessarily hungry. Try putting her to sleep outside your room and see what happens. As soon as I put my baby out of our room at about 9 weeks he began sleeping for much longer stretches. I was doing the same thing and picking him up every time he made a tiny noise, I just assumed he was hungry. As soon as he was out it was like magic. Of course when he was really hungry I heard him crying..It also could be that your baby smells you and therefor wakes up to feed. If your uncomfortable with your baby sleeping in another room at this age try putting her just outside your door. Hatzlocha!

cinnamon

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 7:01 am
I don't think a three month old should sleep through the night. I know mine never do.
waking up every 3 hours, eating and going back to sleep sounds normal to me.

you said you end up falling asleep with her. please make sure you do it safely (no bulky blanket, tightly fitting sheets, railing so she doesn't fall off the bed etc.)

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 7:07 am
I think it depends on the kid.

My twins are 14 weeks, one sleeps through the night and one still gets up for a 3am feeding. They live in the same house with the same daily schedule, but they are just different kids.

happy mommy68

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 7:15 am
Hi Lavender

That would be a great idea except I have a 2 year old in the next bedroom and I don't want to wake her up.

Hi Cinnamon,

I am very careful with her but how do you stay awake during nursing at 2 am????

lavender

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 7:54 am
Can you close the door to the other bedroom and just keep the baby in the hallway? I really think it would make all the difference to you...

cinnamon

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:00 am
happy mommy68 wrote:

Hi Cinnamon,

Didn't say you should I actually sleep with my nine month old who still wakes up during the night sometimes and I'v been doing it since he was two month old I just said you should do it safely. (see my examples above)

amother

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:05 am
cinnamon wrote:
happy mommy68 wrote:

Hi Cinnamon,

Didn't say you should I actually sleep with my nine month old who still wakes up during the night sometimes and I'v been doing it since he was two month old I just said you should do it safely. (see my examples above)

I always wondered this about people who sleep with babies in their bed ( sorry if im being intrusive im just really curious) how are you ever able to be intimate with your husband? dosnt it kind of kill the whole thing?

happy mommy68

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:35 am
Thanks Cinnamon, I feel alot better now!

To amother:

You're not being intrusive. I don't sleep with her all the time. When she is sound asleep she goes into her bassinette, but when I know we will not be together at night, I just nurse her in my bed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics