Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Thank You card for Raise??

Kaybee

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 7:12 am
Is it appropriate to send a boss a thank you card for a (Small) Raise? We dont get raises every year, and this came by surprise! He's is the type to enjoy hearing what a good boss he is... If yes, any ideas what to write on the card?

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 7:21 am
I wouldnt send a card... I would tell my boss personally how I feel. I would say thank you for the raise and how it makes me feel like he appreciates the work I do...
Even an email is not as good.

Fox

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 8:01 am
A thank you note is hardly ever a mistake! Send a short note on professional-ish stationery saying something like, "Thanks for the confidence you've shown in me. I look forward to helping our company grow even more in the future."

Short, sweet, and professional -- your boss will appreciate it.

Debbyl

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 8:40 am
I agree with Fox. Whenever I get a raise and thank my boss in person, he tells me that I should rather send him an email. Somehow, a written thank you is more appreciated.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 2:45 pm
No I wouldn't send a card specifically to thank the boss for a raise. If he/she gave you a raise, that means he/she considered you/your performance deserved one. I'm just a bit concerned that sending a thank you card (which I think most people won't bother) may send a signal as if you actually didn't feel you deserved it.

Though it's nice to acknowledge you appreciate the raise. I would have thanked when you found about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics