Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Mixed up schedule

chaikikicahi

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 11:08 pm
help, my baby is on a backward schedule he sleeps all day and up till very late. I work mornings and im a zombe. any ideas?

momaleh

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 12:05 am
How old is your baby?

yaeli83

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 12:18 am
my baby is the same way. ppl keep telling us she will get straightened out eventually. we try to keep her up from her feeding at around 9pm until her 11 and then put her down. it hasnt helped us much, but ppl say it works.
what I found is the only thing for us is to have her sleep on one of our chests. I don't like getting her intio the habit but she sleeps almost through the whole night that way.

hatzlacha

chaikikicahi

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 9:13 am
hes 4 mjonths and I dont let him nap past 6 ish. even if hefalls asleep at 12 he wakes up 15 min later. he sleeps through the nite which starts at aroun 4 for him. I need to move his clock up

intel

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 6:17 pm
maybe don't let him nap past 4 or 5? he might be a little kookoo until "bedtime" but just don't plan on anything for the first few nights and just take care of me. (I'm writing this as I'm listening to my baby cry in the other room trying to get her to fall asleep "on her own". ;-) )

imasinger

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 6:35 pm
If you wake them during the day, they will readjust and sleep better at night.

momaleh

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 12:01 am
He doesn't nap between 6 pm and 4 am? that could cause problems. He can't fall asleep at 12 because he's too overtired, but conks at 4.
I have a few ideas, but give me a better idea of his schedule - when does he wake? what is a rough idea of his nap times? You have to readjust everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics