Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Beautiful headcoverings for muslimas!!
Previous  1  2  3

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 11:34 am
WriterMom wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
bookworm wrote:
did you notice the women look blond with blue eyes?

Some berber people look like this.

Also, Caucasians are converting to Islam in record numbers. (And other groups too, of course.) When you consider the tremendous variation of skin color, features, eyes, hair, height and so on amongst Jews, who have never proselytized widely, it doesn't surprise me at all to see Muslims of all descriptions. Although I'm pretty sure that the models on the site are mannequins.

of course the are mannequins- none of them are wearing clothes besides the hijabs.

and yes, Muslims are not limited to just Arab/Asian/African. there are Muslims of every nationality, race, skin color, etc....just as diverse as Judaism

WriterMom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 11:38 am
Ima2NYM_LTR wrote:
of course the are mannequins- none of them are wearing clothes besides the hijabs.

LMAO. I badly need more sleep, because I didn't even notice that!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 11:40 am
lol

Fox

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 10:46 pm
Apparently we're not alone in the "Hot Channie" problem; there seems to be a "Hot Fatima" problem, too!

Note: I couldn't successfully add this image directly, but just click on the link.

Hijab Cartoon

Fox

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 11:22 pm
Oh, and it seems some Muslimas have also joined the Society for Italian Widows in Perpetual Mourning. I found this "tip" at one site promoting hijabs:

Quote:
3) Allah has made the world so beautiful, so appreciate it with wearing the colours he has created. You can look beautiful in other colours besides black!

mammele26

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 11:47 pm
I must say I'm tempted... I want to show these to dh, see what he thinks.

Btw, Inspired, I appreciated your post. Thanx!

Also, as long as this is a private business, it's ok to shop there just like we can shop by X-tians, as long as it doesn't directly support their religion.

Butterfly

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 12:24 am
WriterMom wrote:
I would wear this one in a split second:
http://wegdan.com/web09/catalo.....3fa40
Gorgeous!

You have excellent taste WM. That is a stunning piece.

As a matter of fact, I like most of the head coverings. The prices are unreal!

Butterfly

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 1:07 am
mama-star wrote:
ok, this website is for muslim women, but check out the bridal section!! OMG!! I could totally see a chassidishe bride wearing one of those.
http://www.wegdan.com/web09/catalog/index.php

Mama-star, you are absolutely right.
As someone who is chassidish, and participates in many chassidishe weddings, including some of my own relatives, who cover their hair completely after the Chupa, with a white head-covering, as part of their tradition, I could choose at least two or three beautiful and very appropriate styles from this site's bridal head-piece collection, that could easily be worn by chassidishe brides.

And at the same time could easily save them 'hundreds' of dollars!!
What a shame!

Atali

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 6:52 am
Fox wrote:
Apparently we're not alone in the "Hot Channie" problem; there seems to be a "Hot Fatima" problem, too!

Note: I couldn't successfully add this image directly, but just click on the link.

Hijab Cartoon

Rolling Laughter

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 6:54 am
Fox wrote:

Hijab Cartoon

That reminds me so much of those who judge women in pants and uncovered hair when they are 100 times more flashy, provocative and on purpose!

Barbara

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 6:56 am
Does anyone know of a US site making anything remotely close to these? I could *really* use it for one for an upcoming celebration, but doubt I'd have enough time to get it from the Middle East.

Anyone want to *start* a business making similar headwear? It appears there is a market.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links