Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shaving "down there"
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 2:04 pm
OP here
I am not looking for the hygenic aspecct but for the look/feel aspect. I personally dont care but my other half does and has made a request so I told him I would research it and decide if I want to do more then trimming.
thank you for your responses so far...

dolphin

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 5:47 pm
I tried it once and it does itch like crazy so I never did it again. But anyway I would be very uncomfortable with someone else doing it to me. Maybe if I went to France I would do it.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 8:46 am
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
OP, I know a place tht's only $18, PM me.

OP here.
I dont live in NY but thanks.
but im wondering, how is waxing only 20 dollars if lower legs are thirty+? if its really only 20 then I may be able to pull it off for now...

I don't live in Brooklyn and for me it's 60-70, and I'd want to do it more than once a month!

shaving works realy well for me too.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 9:08 am
Is laser painful?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 10:45 am
I don't understand. I shave and leave a "landing strip" (hate that term, but that's what it's called). But for those who shave all the way, isn't it strange to be totally smooth and then have these straggly hairs on the lips?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
I don't understand. I shave and leave a "landing strip" (hate that term, but that's what it's called). But for those who shave all the way, isn't it strange to be totally smooth and then have these straggly hairs on the lips?

I do not shave all the way. I make a shape and keep it.

When I wax I wax the lips too.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 5:14 pm
I shave the lips. It's no big deal, I'm very careful.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 5:33 pm
I thought I was the only one that didnt shave down there embarrassed

before my wedding I did it once and it was so itchy I couldnt handle it. My mom noticed and told me I dont have to do it Confused I did it once more after my wedding for dh but he said it was itchy for him as well and shouldnt do it again. reading this im thinking of trying again but if its itchy again its gonna be strike three for me and then im out!!!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 5:52 pm
I use a disposable razor ( schick) reuse it a couple of times. use shaving cream ( skintimate)
I shave allt he way... it's really simple ... I'm not the type to go for a waxing of anything downthere... it's comfy for me and dh I really am not makpid on how often I do it sometimes every shower s/t once a week and I've pulled for longer than that ... ( in rundown days...)

amother

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 8:18 pm
I lost my hair to chemotherapy treatments just before I was married. I got so used to being bare down there that when my hair began to grow back I started having is waxed each month before Mikvah (shaving itched and didnt last nearly as long as I wanted it to).

AFter a while I did the math and found that after five years of waxing I could have been over and done
with and paid up for laser. So a few months ago I began laser for Brazilian and underarm and I love it. The results are great and it doesn't hurt as much as waxing. In fact, they give you a numbing cream to use before so that you barely feel anything.

As for the embarrassment factor- I thought it would be a lot worse than it was- the reality is that these technicians do this all day long and it feels more like being in the doctors office than getting your body beautified. If you can deal with going to the Ob/Gyn every few months this is cake.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics