Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2.5 yr older wakes up cranky

Roses4me

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 9:02 am
My 2.5 yr old wakes up in the morning cranky...and generally in the day is also often crying about many little things.

Is it a phase? Am I doing something wrong like not enough attention? I always try encourage him and make him smile. But lately I'm just always stressed around him because of all the whining!

He goes to ganon some mornings, so he's not home all the time. I try take the kids out on the other days (except fri and shabbos). Dh and I are both stuck regarding what to do!

Any suggestions or experience?

TIA

shopaholic

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 4:25 pm
My 20 month old is like this after her 1 hr nap. The only thing that makes her happy is a snack & U. Moishy. Hopefully, with your son it's just a phase. I don't really have much advice otherwise.

chavs

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 4:49 pm
Ds did that and it was b-H a stage. What workes best was to have a drink and some fruit ready for him in case it was a matter of low blood sugar to get it up again, and if you let him watch dvds let him watch for a bit until he is woken up.

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 6:09 pm
How many hours of sleep does your child get?
They need around 12 hours a night at that age.

Roses4me

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 3:37 am
I put him to bed 7-7:30pm. Usually he's asleep around 8 or a little after. He wakes up around 6am. (actually he used to sleep till 7am at one point, but seems to have changed a while ago to 6)

He has a nap in the afternoon after lunch. Around 12:30-1pm when he's home and at 2pm when he goes to ganon. He usually sleeps till somewhere between 3:30 and 4:30pm - so something like 2.5 hrs. When he wakes up the first thing he wants is a candy. I often give him then offer some fruit or tea biscuits.

Should I offer him a drink more often? I do give him some during the day.

He also always ask for U Moishy when he wakes up. I don't like giving in every day, but he's so cranky I cant always get him to play something else. And then he cries to watch again!

Plus the 1yr old always needs to be involved as well, so the older doesnt feel I can play with him exclusively, and the younger pulls and destroys his lego creations...so playing together is also very hard atm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics