Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Your most embarrasing moment!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Nicole

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 6:27 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Pooh wrote:
I didnt marry my husband civilly for immigration status reasons, and when I got pregnant, someone adviced me not to ever mention that I was married or else they would deny my medicaid application if I cant show them my marriage papers (or who knows what) so at every visit at the doctor I had to endure busha for basically looking very much jewish and religious but claiming that I am a single mother.

nebuch my mom I made her go through such embarrassment when I was giving birth and she was filling out some papers!!! I had warned her about my "marital status" so she had to claim that we dont know who the father of my baby is !!!! I feel so bad for her really!

what can I say, kaparat avonot!

You definitely should have mentioned your husband as the father, married or not, I am sure it can cause lots of guardian issues once e/th is settled, no?

Why would you claim not to know who the father is????
Besides, plenty of ppl do this for the same reasons. (insurance, immigration, etc) I have no doubt that your doctor knew exactly what was going on.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 7:31 pm
I was home from seminary, and my mom had an empty upstairs apt that was not rented at the time, so I shlepped a bed up and took it for myself. Since it was the 2nd floor, and there were no houses across the street, I never bothered closing the shades. One day I finished getting dressed, and got an applause from the yeshiva bochurim that were playing ball on the roof of their building!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 7:53 pm
these are too funny. my life is so bla next to some of these stories....

thanks for the good laugh.. I don't remember laughing like this in a long time....

QUEENY

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 8:56 pm
At my sisters wedding, she needed a veil for kabbalas ponim. I was in such a rush instead of walking into the kallah'a room, I ran into the mens bathroom and the Rav was just coming out. Another time I was in E"Y and we stopped at a rest stop. I was a little confused about which was the ladies and men's room- I walked into the men's room and I noticed the "stalls" So I turned around to leave and was met by a bus load of soldiers.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 9:05 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
I was home from seminary, and my mom had an empty upstairs apt that was not rented at the time, so I shlepped a bed up and took it for myself. Since it was the 2nd floor, and there were no houses across the street, I never bothered closing the shades. One day I finished getting dressed, and got an applause from the yeshiva bochurim that were playing ball on the roof of their building!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

OMG is right. I'm lol now but that must have been mortifying!

fmt4

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 10:04 pm
libramom wrote:
heard this story from DH

his friend was at a wedding that the chasson (from a well known yeshiva) had this fancy clip-on microphone so ppl will hear him at the chuppa saying - "harey at mekudeshet" etc.

well, it wasn't turned off and he goes into the yichud room.

so the bride asks him - how do I look?
and he: you look amazing but you would look wayyy better without the dress on....

no need to say that all the guests heard the entire conversation.

OMG! That is hilarrrrrrrrrrriousss!!!

MommyZ

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 10:13 pm
patriot wrote:
I was in a public place with DD (3 yrs) old chatting. I told her boys have tzitzis, and yarmulkes... she added, mommys have black tichels (she was describing what I was wearing), and green shirts, and just as casually added, and red underpants!!! I was pretty mortified, and turned close to that color... embarrassed

When my daughter was 2 years old she used to tell people that her daddy wore panties (which he doesn't but as far as she was concerned all underwear was panties).

Chani

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 10:15 pm
I have a couple of pretty good ones...but not unless I get to be "amother". The trauma is still too much! Very Happy

libramom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2010, 6:49 am
[quote="MommyZ"]
patriot wrote:
I was in a public place with DD (3 yrs) old chatting. I told her boys have tzitzis, and yarmulkes... she added, mommys have black tichels (she was describing what I was wearing), and green shirts, and just as casually added, and red underpants!!! I was pretty mortified, and turned close to that color... embarrassed

sorry for your embarrasment,
but I just laughed out so hard!!!!!!!

tweety99

Post Mon, Feb 01 2010, 8:08 am
Carefulmom wrote:
For the ladies who wanted to post amother. Cookies and Cream bumped up the thread where you can post amother. Looking forward to reading.... Wink

where is this thread?

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Feb 12 2010, 11:47 am
I was rubbed on the back by a guy ...not DH shock
new to a place and this guy did this... shock
He saw me from behind and walked over and did this soft long rub thing ewww, I turned around shock as DH would never touch me in public like that, the guy turned all colors and said 'You looked just like my wife from behind" ... but you are actually smaller ...I was speachless ,DH was not too convinced it was such an accident , he thought the guy was kinda flirty and sleezy . I felt both embarrased and ill

Unfortunatly the wife saw and was never the same to me wich was sad as liked her and hoped to be friends.

freshie

Post Fri, Feb 12 2010, 11:53 am
shlomitsmum wrote:
I was rubbed on the back by a guy ...not DH shock
new to a place and this guy did this... shock
He saw me from behind and walked over and did this soft long rub thing ewww, I turned around shock as DH would never touch me in public like that, the guy turned all colors and said 'You looked just like my wife from behind" ... but you are actually smaller ...I was speachless ,DH was not too convinced it was such an accident , he thought the guy was kinda flirty and sleezy . I felt both embarrased and ill

Unfortunatly the wife saw and was never the same to me wich was sad as liked her and hoped to be friends.

The same thing happened to me once, but the guy really did make a mistake and was soooo embarrassed. I was more shocked (I was single still)

SplitPea

Post Fri, Feb 12 2010, 12:58 pm
I had been on meds for a while that made me loose a LOT of weight really fast (not for good reasons but B"H thats over with now)

So one shabbos I was walking out of the house in the only cloths I had.... they were prob 2 sizes to big but I had no choice I had lost weight so fast and had not had the time or money to buy new ones... Coming down the sidewalk from my house my skirt fell to my knees.... I quickly bent over to pick it up (I am still right in front of my house and had high hopes that no one saw this)..... when I heard a crash.... I turned around to see the nice (chasiddic) mad who lived in the same building as us had gotten a "full view" of my bright red thong in his face when I bent down to pick up my skirt...

he nor his wife ever spoke to us again@!

yersp

Post Fri, Feb 12 2010, 2:19 pm
SplitPea wrote:
I had been on meds for a while that made me loose a LOT of weight really fast (not for good reasons but B"H thats over with now)

So one shabbos I was walking out of the house in the only cloths I had.... they were prob 2 sizes to big but I had no choice I had lost weight so fast and had not had the time or money to buy new ones... Coming down the sidewalk from my house my skirt fell to my knees.... I quickly bent over to pick it up (I am still right in front of my house and had high hopes that no one saw this)..... when I heard a crash.... I turned around to see the nice (chasiddic) mad who lived in the same building as us had gotten a "full view" of my bright red thong in his face when I bent down to pick up my skirt...

he nor his wife ever spoke to us again@!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Carefulmom

Post Sat, Feb 13 2010, 8:42 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Nervous Nervous

My husband wanted to know why I was lauging but, split pea I had to hide that post.....

Sorry I haven't been on in a while the name of the the other thread where you can post as amother is. Another embarrassing moments for amothers. That thread is under the forum Mental Health.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics