Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Washing Machine - Do you have a good one?

Justlookup

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 8:27 am
We're looking to buy a front-loading washing machine (and dryer). Do you have a good one that you recommend? We want to spend under $600-$700 for the washer but I would want it to have good options like automaticly sense how big the load is, good cycles (like a baby cycle, towel cycle etc.), maybe digital display/timer etc. etc. And of course, that it shoudl be good quality that will last me.
If you know of a good machine (even if it doesnt have all those cycles, but has other maalos and worked well for a good while) please let me know.
Thank you!

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 4:00 pm
I have the whirlpool duet-has most of the features you want, but I got an excellent deal and paid over $800-three or four years ago. I love it.

At the mikvah, we have the LG-has loads of options-of which we use "towels". So far I like that one too, but we've only had it for a month or so.

One of my friends asked me if my front loader smelled bad-no. She had heard a lot of complaints about front loader smells. We figured out it may be those that empty into a sink instead of directly into a drainpipe.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 4:05 pm
I also have the whirlpool duet, which I'm pretty happy with. I think I paid about $1200 for both, don't remember for sure, over two years ago. I leave the door open whenever not in use, to avoid any mold or smell problem.

It has a digital timer but I find that if it's a very big load or heavy like towels or linen, it will take longer than it says. Usual load is 57 minutes, it may actually take 75 minutes or so.

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 4:56 pm
I also have the Whirlpool Duet and I'm very happy with it Smile

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 11:22 pm
I have the Kenmore Elite (a good few years old). I like it very much. One thing to look out for (and do research on) is if it gets moldy, as sometime the drum gets moldy. You can get a good deal in Sears currently with their sales. I even saw some models on clearance.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 12:00 am
Do not get an LG. My mother has been suffering for YEARS with it. It spends more time being broken then running. EVERY single part of the thing has been replaced. And its still iffy. The warranty just ran out, and my mother called a repairman, who basically said he hates working on LG's because they are poorly made and the parts are ****.

He said the only good thing about LG's is that he can rely on repeat business....

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 9:58 pm
Thanx for the heads up-I will keep an eye on the machine at the mikvah-do u know any specific cause of it breaking (like overloading the machine?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry