Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Burgers on the grill

girliesmommy

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 10:45 am
Does anyone have a good recipe to make burgers for a BBQ (using chopped meat)? I usually use the recipe from the spice & spirit, and they're great... when fried in a frying pan!
When we try to BBQ them, they end up sticking to the grill and falling apart resulting in most of the meat falling onto the coals and whatever is left being served as crumbly chopped meat.
Short of spraying the grill with Pam to prevent it sticking Twisted Evil , any suggestions for our Lag B'Omer BBQ?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 10:49 am
I have had terrible mazel with burgers; we buy the ready made Rubashkin ones, unless we are making them with just ground meat, nothing additional.

girliesmommy

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 10:50 am
I'd love to do that too... but can't get them anywhere near here!!!!!

mommy2

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 10:20 pm
I also make those hamburgers but I bake them. I wonder if u would add more matza meal to them if they would stay together better. Or maybe, I dont know if this sounds silly, if u freeze them after they are shaped Confused

nicole81

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 10:55 pm
when I grill burgers, I just grill the plain chopmeat with some bbq sauce and they stay together.

brooklyn

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 8:11 am
I usually use plain chopped meat, I do have a hamburger press though. Also make sure that you preheat your grill before you put the burgers on.

mother48

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 10:22 am
how about baking/frying the hamburgers like regular, can even do in advance or freeze, and then finish them off with a suace on the grill.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 10:25 am
When I make hamburgers on the grill I add an egg or two to two pounds of meat, some breadcrumbs, garlic powder, pepper, barbeque sauce, make them into patties, and then sprinkle hamburger seasoning on them.

shoy18

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 10:28 am
DefyGravity wrote:
When I make hamburgers on the grill I add an egg or two to two pounds of meat, some breadcrumbs, garlic powder, pepper, barbeque sauce, make them into patties, and then sprinkle hamburger seasoning on them.

I do the same thing, also if the burger is not ready to be flipped it will stick to the grates when its ready it will slide off so dont force your bugers to turn over.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics