Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
First Lady synthetics -- anybody wear these?

navacooper

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 9:29 pm
So I was hoping to get a new sheitel for Pesach, and I'm looking at what's on sale here in Monsey. I have been wearing Henry Margu synthetics for a couple of years now, but there are 2 problems: they only look natural for about 2 minutes after you brush them, after which they get knotty; and they have a totally unnatural part -- I don't need a skin-top, just don't need random hairs poking up all over the place! And if the wind blows...forget about it. Sad

So...I see a local shaitel-macher is selling First Lady synthetics for about $250. Anybody have any experience with these? I'm also interested in Jacqueline synthetics, maybe also Jon Renau or Rene of Paris. But having ordered my 2 previous wigs online, I think I'd like to buy local this time.

I love synthetic shaitels -- just swish them in the sink and they dry the same every time! But I think I need a quality upgrade. Any advice is welcome!

lovemywig

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 9:41 pm
I sell em, n love em!

navacooper

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 9:43 pm
lovemywig wrote:
I sell em, n love em!

Is there a place online where I can see some of the styles? I Googled "First Lady synthetics" and came up with costume wigs modeled after Laura Bush and Michelle Obama. Confused

lovemywig

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 9:44 pm
navacooper wrote:
lovemywig wrote:
I sell em, n love em!

Is there a place online where I can see some of the styles? I Googled "First Lady synthetics" and came up with costume wigs modeled after Laura Bush and Michelle Obama. Confused

Dont think so.

mimimom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 1:20 pm
For under $ 200 you can get a great human hair Yaffa--and if it's cut correctly there's not that much more maintenance that goes into it. (I have a Multi Custom that I wear to work. I wash it around every two weeks, early in the evening, let air dry, stick a couple of curlers in the ends and it's good to go in the morning--with none of the problems you mention. Non-frum people never think it's a wig either. )
IMHO

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 1:40 pm
Some people have hashkafic reasons for wearing synthetics.

BTW- Do the cheap Yaffa human hair sheitels have hashgacha?

mimimom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 2:36 pm
As far as I know--the ones I've seen, at any rate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels