Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Be careful when buying washers and dryers

professor

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:15 pm
I have to let people know so that it won't be li'fney I'ver
I bought a beautiful new Electrolux machine before pesach from AJ madison.

The day I got the machine I was so excited! even though the wrapping didn't look so new, It didn't matter, I just couldn't wait to start doing laundury!! I put in the first load (towels) and set it on fast wash (it's a feature that washes it in 20 minutes or so) temperture was warm/cold when I wanted to take the towels out, I saw boiling steam pouring out on the towels.

"is this the way it works?" I wondered, It smelled soooo good! "But why is the steam still pouring in? the cycle was finished, and now the towels are wet, is this how it's supposed to work?" still wondering, but not letting my mood fall, I put it on the spin only cycle and transferred it to the dryer. whe it cam out I was in heaven!!! the towels smelled delicious!!! I put in the next machine, this time setting it on "normal" wash, and ran upstairs to redo the entire towel closet just for fun. I took everything out, refolded all the towels and put them neatly back.
by the time I went back down to check on the next machine there was water pouring into the machine and an "error" (e 35) on the screen it also gave the phone number for service.
I called up electrolux and asked them what to do.
they said e35 means that here was too much water in the machine.
they said they will send a repair guy if I'm still under the warranty.
Of course I was, I told them, I just bought it today.
You just bought it today? they asked, if thats the case, it must be an instalation issue. did one of our electrolux experts install it? they asked me.
I didn't know. I bought it at AJ Madison, THEY installed it for me.
did they run the "installation cycle"? electrolux asked.
no. I didn't know there WAS an installation cycle.
well, they told me, we will send you a serviceman, but if the problem is the installation we will charge you $160.
I didn't want to pay another $160 as I just finished paying 3,000 for the machines which was way more than I could afford so I told them that I will call AJ Madison and ask if they will pay the $160 if the installation was incorrect.

I called AJ Madison right away.
Oh no, you don't need electrolux to come, don't worry, we'll take care of you. they said.
when I asked about the installation cycle, they pretended not to hear.
we'll send someone right away, they said, electrolux will take a few days to come, we'll send you someone right away.
I should have known right away that something was wrong when they sent in a repair guy from superior. come on! a brand new machine? but I didn't know. I never heard of superior before, and figured they must be another name for AJ Madison.
they are definately friends.

I have no patience to tell this horrific maaseh. but in short
I was sold a lemon and they didn't want it back.
they payed superior to find a reason to pin the blame on me, as if I broke the machine the first time I used it.
wow.
But really, even the stupidest housewife can't possibly break a machine the same hour she got it! it takes years of abuse to break a machine like that! not one day!

bekitzur, the fourth time they came to "fix" it, (yes, four times in the first 2 days of this machine's life!)they found a ziplock bag on the floor or maybe even in the machine. maybe. my son might have had his sandwich bag in his pocket and I missed it. possibly. but

here they found the perfect thing to pin on me! a proof!! I broke the machine! it wasn't broken before I got it! see?? a sandwich bag!!
never mind that it was bad from the first load. never mind that the first load was towels, and towels don't have things in their pockets. now they have a tangible reason to trow the blame on me so that they don't have to replace the machine. they could leave me with the headache and repairs. they got their money and fartig.
luckily we payed credit card. luckily we disputed it.

meanwhile my good old machine which was in good working order was already sold by them to some recycling company. I WANT MY OLD MACHINE BACK!!!!! it was too small for my family, but it was good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry