Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shevy MB vs. Shevy Elite

Marz613

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 4:50 pm
I am debating between a Shevy MB and Shevy Elite. is the MB worth the extra money? I have heard the MB frizzes up like crazy and is a higher maintenance sheital. any opinions are greatly appreciated! thanks

Falafel

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 9:36 pm
I absolutely abhor my shevy, and I would advise against wasting your money on one!!!
too expensive, terrible customer service (left me, as a new kallah, without a wig for nearly 2 months after my wedding!!! I had to wear a synthetic!! they wouldn't lend me something normal to wear after all the money I spent!), and awful mess of hair.
the knotting is so bad, I can't begin to describe it!

SingALong

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 10:33 pm
I had very good experiences with both shevy MB and shevy elite. both very comfortable, both great hair,. the MB feels lighter on my head but I think tis because the hair is thinner, I dont know.

I have 3 each from diff shaitel machers. I think the trick is to go through a shaitel macher rather than straight to shevy since a shaitel macher will screen out the wigs with bad hair or knotty ones. my shaitel machers were very meticulous and helped me pick which wig they thought had best qualities.

the MB I wear daily, it is so comfortable. one elite I wear as a pony is great but I feel the pull after a few hours, I can't wear it for so long. other shevy elite is brand new, for shabbos, so far so good

kalsee

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 2:22 am
I have an Elite and I'm very happy.
I think the trick is like one poster said above- go through a sheitel macher you trust.

june21

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 10:47 am
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ENERGY AND HOPES ON A SHEVY, they have the worst customer service, and terrible hair.
mine is completely burned from all the 'fixing' they did for the knotting. all in all absolutely disappointed.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 11:13 am
I have 2 Shevys.
I think they're overrated.
They're good, but don't know if they're worth the money...

happy chick

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 11:37 am
I have an MB. got it thru a shaitel macher and still went thru the knotting, sending it back, left w/o a shaitel as a newly wed, etc... I wouldnt invest in another one. I think theyre majorly overpriced.

Aizer K'negdo in progress

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 11:45 am
I have 2 Shevy. One Elite and One MB

Terrible Terrible service.

For the elite it turned GREEN!!! and they did not want to exchange it even though the Sheitl Macher agreed that it was green and it was a sheitl with a defect.. It took a year of back and forth and Rebbonim being involved for finally have another sheitl.

The MB is such a waste of money, it has been OUT OF SERVICE for 4 years!!!
It was knotting so much that they said they would replace the whole back. After almost 2 months of waiting they gave me back my shevy replacing only 1/2 of the back!! So I have holes ie hair is missing.
They refused to take it back to add the missing hair and no sheitl macher wants to touch it. So it is in a Ziplock bag. What a waste.

Most of my friends got Shevy when they got married and most of them do not wear them anymore today ie 4 years later because of serious knotting issues and poor hair resilience.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Buy another brand.

Hatzlachah

sky

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 11:48 am
Sheitel machurs only know so much. The question is also how much they will stand behind what they sold you.

I recently bought a sheitel that notted and the sheitel machur promised me should would replace it, and she did, I had to send it back a few times, but when that didn't work she replaced it as fast as she could. (Not a shevy, and she no longer sells Shevy because of these issues)

bluesclues

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 8:11 pm
I dont know if you saw my thread on my new claire accuhair sheitle it is absolutely stunning the customer service is amazing
when I got married I got claire the wig is so amazing im still wearing it 10 years later
claire is wonderful you should definitly give them a try

southernima

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 1:52 am
I have a shevy MB. It does NOT frizz up AT ALL and I live in the South--it gets very humid here in the summer!!! It does not up in the back a bit though which annoys me, and after a year I feel like the color has lightened up quite a bit on the top.

southernima

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 2:02 am
I will also add the the above comment that I made....the reason I got a shevy in the first place was because I have blond hair. All the blond's I tried looked very orange and didn't really match my hair or skin coloring. Some of the blonds were very flat with no depth/high-lighting. Shevy had the best blond compared to all of the other companies I saw.....the color is really fantastic...which was really why I went to shevy in the first place. I do get compliments on it all the time and I think it looks great...but the knotting drives me crazy.

azoy

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 10:35 am
southernima is 100% correct about shevys blondes Smile
I love my MB, and I dont have a knotting problem. Shevy has provided amazing customer service (even when wig was purchased through one of their distributors) and I've dealt with a few wig companies with issues before.....

side note: as a sheitel macher I have noticed that a lot of people dont realize the wigs start to knot a lot when they need to be washed.

great person in flatbush to purchase shevys from is Lauren Eisenberger 718.692.4778
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels