Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
First time mom and desperately needing stroller advice.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:33 pm
Hi,

I am hoping some experienced moms can help me out here.

Before you all tell me to look at the previous stroller threads, I have, and they helped but I still don't know exactly what I need.

So here is what I am looking for.

I am a first time mom to be, and would like to invest in a stroller that will last, but isn't a million dollars.
I am in and out of the car a lot, so something that folds easy would be ideal, I have a big trunk so it doesn't need to fold teeny, but it should fold in one piece.

1. I would really love it to have a bassinet. Am I being stupid? Everyone I spoke to told me that they got so much use out their bassinet in the beginning, but the strollers with bassinets seems so expensive. Is it worth the expensive? Are their cheaper strollers with a bassinet option?

2. Would like it to be a reversible handle with adjustable hieght.

3. Decent size basket

4. Easy steering

5. Good quality

6. Would also love a car seat adaptable one??

Any ideas??

It seems like the Uppababy has all these features, but it retails at 699 I think. Does anyone know of any stroller similar that is cheaper.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!

Anon, because don't want to announce my preg status Smile

chaylizi

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:46 pm
The 2010 special edition is $699. The regular version is $679 & 2009s should be much cheaper. You can also check out:

Quinny Buzz
I'coo Pacific or Targo
Perego Switch
Bugaboo Bee

The sad truth is that if you want a nice stroller, you will have to pay for it. Check out ebay & craigslist though. Sometimes you can get a metziah. If you are interested in a used Vista you can pm me. I may be able to help you.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:48 pm
You could also try a Bumbleride Flyer. Or Perego Uno. I'll keep looking.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:50 pm
Possibly also check out iCandy. I think they came to the US already. I think there is a lightish weight one with a bassinet. Also check out Stroller Swap. Maybe they have good ideas or someone has a good one for sale.

Oh and I love my bassinets. And reversible seats. Wouldn't do without them. Although if you want a truly cheapo reversible stroller, Graco just came out with the Alano Flip-It.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 2:56 pm
My sister has an iCandy and she is very happy with it. She said that a bassinet is optional (extra $$) but she didn't need it because it lays pretty flat if you want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics