Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2yo wakes at 5am..... HELP!!!

amother

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 6:39 pm
my 2yo has started waking for some reason at 5am.

he goes down around 7 after a usually active day.

he sleeps for around an hour and a half at about 2pm. do you think I should cut this nap?? feel like he deff needs some nap otherwise the afternoon would be a nightmare.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

happymom

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 9:12 pm
I think his nap should be earlier like twelve thirty and go to bed at seven or seven thirty

happymom

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 9:14 pm
when my kids were two and it was thier first year going to preschool I picked them up at evelven thierty (much earlier then everyone else) and made sure we were home at twelve for thier nap. I gave them a sandwich in the car or stroller and then fed them again when they woke up from thier nap. I think two for a nap is too late

6coop

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 9:18 pm
Most kids usually need a certain number of hours of sleep in a 24 hr. period. If your ds is waking up for the day at 5 am then he's probably had enough sleep. I would try to shorten his nap or put him to sleep a little bit later to see if either of those work.

I don't think an earlier nap would change very much (unless it will result in a shorter nap). The later naps usually interfere more with being able to fall asleep at night, not waking up in he morning.

Nicole

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 11:48 pm
((hugs))) my ds did this for nearly a year! We tried everything and nothing helped. Now, b'h he wakes up around 7, still takes a 2 hr nap during the day, but goes to sleep later than he used to, more like 8 pm. Sometimes it's a (very long) phase.

6coop

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 11:57 pm
I meant to add before that if you decide to try anything, you should try to give it at least a few days before you decide that it doesn't work. It takes the body some time to adjust to schedule changes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics