Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
What's for dinner???
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Crayon210

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 2:44 pm
Last night we had cream of sweet potato soup with brown rice, tonight we are having tuna-noodle casserole.

bonzie

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 9:04 am
I haven't cooked really since I had a baby 2 months ago, since my mother ordered me homemade dinners that each come with a soup side dish and main dish so here's some ideas that the lady made me

butternutsquash soup, vegetable soup, split pea soup, chicken soup, and hmm forgot the rest of them

then shnitzel, beef lomein, spaghetti and meatballs, peppersteak, sesame chicken, sweet and sour chicken
some sides; orzo, rice, doughless potatoe knish, yee hope its helpful

ooh and all of this kept really nicely in the freezer for a total of two months, anyway tomm is my last of the frozen dinners than I gota get to cookin again so ill be keepin my eyes open for easy recipes!!!

happymom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 9:33 am
I made turkey with ovocodo salad and cuscus... I bake the turkey for like 3 hours, yum!

DL

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 8:29 pm
tonight we had chicken with sweet and regular potatoes and green beans with rosemary thyme and other spices. yummy. all organic.

Chani

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 11:36 pm
turkey, rice, carrots, strawberries for dessert

happymom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 11:37 pm
tonight I made flounder with farfel and salad

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 4:49 am
sarahd wrote:
Beef goulash over rice with steamed peas. The goulash was fantastic, if I do say so myself.

How do you make goulash?
(techias hameisim of a really old thread, I know, but I need dinner ideas)

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 4:57 am
Shayna82- do you mind posting the recipe for brocolli lasagna?

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 4:59 am
Chanie wrote:
spicy bean and sweet potato burritos.

Recipe, please?

sarahd

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 7:41 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
sarahd wrote:
Beef goulash over rice with steamed peas. The goulash was fantastic, if I do say so myself.

How do you make goulash?

Chop a lot of onion and start to saute them. Add the beef chunks and brown them (if you like a thick gravy, roll the chunks in flour before you brown them.) When browned, add water to cover (by about 1/2"), salt, pepper, lots of paprika and some tomato paste. Simmer for 1-1/2-2 hours. Check the water level to make sure it's not burning.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 7:23 am
sarahd wrote:
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
sarahd wrote:

How do you make goulash?

Chop a lot of onion and start to saute them. Add the beef chunks and brown them (if you like a thick gravy, roll the chunks in flour before you brown them.) When browned, add water to cover (by about 1/2"), salt, pepper, lots of paprika and some tomato paste. Simmer for 1-1/2-2 hours. Check the water level to make sure it's not burning.

Can I replace flour with breadcrumbs and tomato sauce/paste with ketchup?

willow

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 9:41 am
We are having lemony lentils with Persian brown rice and steamed broccoli

willow

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 9:45 am
elisecohen wrote:
Tonight is bulgur and vegetables. But it would definitely be hot dogs if my 10 year old was making the menus; it would be hot dogs every night in fact!

I just bought a bag of bulgar, could you post the recipe that you used? Thank you

sarahd

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 11:58 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
sarahd wrote:
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:

How do you make goulash?

Can I replace flour with breadcrumbs and tomato sauce/paste with ketchup?

No, you can't sub breadcrums for flour, since it won't have the effect of thickening the sauce. you'll just get sauce sludged with bread crumbs. You can probably use ketchup instead of tomato paste, but it will have a different taste.

shayna82

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 12:13 pm
yummy chicken with potatoes and vedgies and rice, maybe some small salad first.

tommorow night, fried/baked fish fillets with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob

yrs1025

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 12:34 pm
Homemade pizza, vegies etc...

mumsy23

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 12:35 pm
I'm also making homemade pizza!

mumsy23

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 12:38 pm
MMMM.. the goulash sounds fantastic! I think we are having that next week!
Does anybody have a recipe for turkey drumsticks??

MommyLuv

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 4:54 pm
mumsy, I make awesome turkey drumsticks- just splash on a good amount of OJ, sprinkle paprika and garlic and black pepper, cover & bake for a long time (2 hrs or more) and uncover the foil for the last 30 min to roast a bit. yummy!!

for dinner tonight I'm making turkey burgers, corn on the cob, and lentil-noodle soup that I made last nite....maybe a salad too. Smile
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus