Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Windows to Destiny, by Shia Moseson

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 11:24 pm
Many of you are probably familiar with Shia Moseson's Hamodia serials, Windows to Destiny, Windows to Glory, Windows to Valor, etc. Now two of these stories are available in book form as a trilogy - with an additional novelette at the beginning. I read the 2 serials before, so I wasnt in a hurry to reread them, but the novelette stunned me! I was always so impressed with Shia Moseson's fictional Rusvyaner Rebbes -t he american one and the Israeli one, they were just the kindn of Rebbes I wish there really exist today! I also loved that entire senior citizens minyan, Shmiel Hoffner and the gang - they are so funny and real. But, I never knew the background information about those 2 rebbes, hwo they are related and how their whole 'chasidus' came about. Enter the first story in this book, Windows to Glory. I had tears in my eyes by the last page, seriously. If you love a good mystery story with a frum bent, with dry humor and wit, this is the book for you - especially if you have never read these 2 serials (Windows to Valor and Windows to Fortitude). If you have read it, it's much easier to read it now in book form than in those short increments they were published in. I hope and wish and am even a little disappointed that the last serial which appeared just a few months ago (the whole thing with motty's yichus) wasnt part of this book becauset hat serial confused me so, I'd love to have that in book form. Anyway, that's my 'review' of this book, if anyone has read it pleae speak up!

bashinda

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 10:28 pm
I thought the last story in the book was going to be the recent serial. I had completely forgotten about that story. What's funny is that I had gotten confused and thought the newlywed character in Windows to Valor was in Rosewood Court and I kept one wondering when

I got this for Pesach. I liked it in a kind of folksy haimishe way. This author is so Chassidishe that even some of the litvish characters sound Chassidishe.

And I agree. It's too bad the Rusvyaner Rebbes are fictional! hadn't read the entire serials even though I do get Hamodia so it was nice to finally read the whole thing in one piece. They're very short.

Maybe he's going to write move novelettes?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room