Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Atlantic City Marathon

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 3:54 am
I just signed up and will soon be training for the Atlantic City Marathon. Anyone else sign up, or thinking about signing up for a Marathon? Has anyone run in the Atlantic City Marathon previous years?

I'd LOVE a training buddy! (Even if it were via the internet.)

Tzippora

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:16 am
I haven't done it, but as soon as my new sneakers arrive (yay!!!) will be starting to train for a half (I'm at around 10K for now).

I'll be happy to cheer you on!

Also, try the runner's world marathon training plans, I hear they're great and not too quick of a ramp-up. When is the AC marathon?

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 1:11 pm
Tzippora wrote:
I haven't done it, but as soon as my new sneakers arrive (yay!!!) will be starting to train for a half (I'm at around 10K for now).

I'll be happy to cheer you on!

Also, try the runner's world marathon training plans, I hear they're great and not too quick of a ramp-up. When is the AC marathon?

Yay! a fellow runner Very Happy I use runners world all the time, they have one of the best guides for training and mapping out runs. It's awesome that you're training for a half. Do you know which one you're doing yet? Which shoes did you decide on? I have the worst luck when it comes to buying running shoes because my feet are teeny. The Atlantic City marathon is October 17.

Tzippora

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 9:42 pm
I'm thinking this fall would be the right time frame - maybe I'll try registering for the AC half! I just need to make sure these shoes work and see what my potential grad school schedule will be - long story.

I got the NB 1225s, size 6.5. They have teeny sizes in NB, I think, maybe try checking them out? I have flat feet and overpronate, so shoes are key for me - right now I've got shin splits and strained hamstrings from my old ones.

Best of luck! Where do you run? I'm in Central Park all the time Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise