Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Half moon k?

Funmommy

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 11:06 pm
My BIL said he heard that the ou now took over the half moon k. Does this mean that I can buy anything with the half moon k? Why doesn't the ou just switch the symbol to their own?

amother

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 11:28 pm
The Vaad here said that Half Moon K is now a reliable hechsher.
FYI I think there was a thread about this not too long ago. Maybe you'll find more answers there.

Annie

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:18 am
Just called the CRC about this last week, they said anything with it was reliable.

Merrymom

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:20 am
I've been using them for frozen vegetables and those types of things that don't really require a very strict hechsher. I'd be thrilled if they're going to be a reliable hechsher.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:26 am
I recently wrote to the OU to confirm that information. Here's the response I got to my following question.

"I was told that the moon k hechsher was bought by the OU and is now
reliable. Can you confirm this?"

6th Day of Chodesh Iyaar, 5770
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010
Parshat Acharei Mot-Kedoshim
21st Day in the Omer

Send comments/questions to: kosherq@ou.org

Thank you for checking with the OU regarding your Kashruth question.

Kosher Overseers of America, which is a large kosher certifying agency, has decided to withdraw from kosher certifying activity. KOA has entered into a relationship with the Orthodox Union to assist its clients to convert their kosher certification to the OU. Any product previously certified by KOAOA-Kosher Overseers, which appears on an Orthodox Union letter of certification, is authorized to bear the OU or KOAOA-Kosher Overseers symbol.

Therefore, the OU now stands behind the Kosher status of any product that bears a KOA symbol.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again should you have any further questions.

With our sincerest wishes for a pleasant spring season, we remain,

Sincerely yours,

The Web(be) Rebbe

For more information about Kosher, please visit our website, http://oukosher.org.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen