Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Moms 50th birthday

lovmyboys

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 4:50 pm
I need an idea for something to get for my mom's birthday. Not something expensive (no money LOL) and not something with a picture either, because I just got her something like that for mothers day. Any ideas??

jasmine

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 5:22 pm
since I am 50+ I would really go for a gift certificate at a spa, one or two massages, or facial. Or does she like bathing?....a nice new fluffy luxuriant bath towel, a bath pillow (Bed, Bath and Beyond), and bath rack (to read something on while she is bathing),plus some wonderful aromatic bubble bath or beautiful bath oil and to top it off, a beautiful new age instrumental CD to play in the bathroom, and some magazine that she would never buy on her own. Also, and very important, a padded lock on the door so that NO ONE comes into the bathroom............

another piece of jewelry is basically unnecessary, since probaby what she really wants is too expensive, like a diamond bangle bracelet, and most of all she wants you to be happy as well as a reprieve of any aggravation from the kinder.
funny you should ask this question. I was just thinking want to give my mother in law for her 80th birthday....maybe a pair of tickets to the metorpolitan opera when she comes to visit, she's a real opera fan.

or another suggestion for your mom...two tickets to a great broadway musical! remember whatever you give her it is about what she would enjoy and make her feel good. good luck LOL

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:11 am
LOL Jasmine, it's funny because my mom really has no interest in spa, etc, she would never go! And she wears only the simplest jewelry LOL
I buy her books or movies.

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:19 am
Ruchel wrote:
LOL Jasmine, it's funny because my mom really has no interest in spa, etc, she would never go! And she wears only the simplest jewelry LOL
I buy her books or movies.

My mother also has no interest in those things. Broadway tickets, she would love, though. It doesn't only depend on the age, but the person and what they like.

lovmyboys

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 12:30 pm
Jasmine it's like you know my mom Smile Your ideas are great, thanks so much! I'm looking into different spa baskets. She'd love Broadway tickets but I'm not sure how to get for her, do I have to choose the exact day and play? I'm not so sure what her schedule is or when she would be able to go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics