Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Hypnosis or acupuncture for weight loss?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 2:32 am
Has anyone tried hypnosis, acupuncture or another alternative method for weight loss?

I've lost weight on healthy low-cal/low-fat diets before, but I just can't stick to a good eating and exercise schedule this time around. I am at my witts end and my weight is not healthy mentally or physically!

My brother in law quit smoking through laser acupuncture (lasers instead of needles) quite a few years ago. Whether it was placebo or not my opinion is not smoking is worth the $500 he spent health and money wise and shalom bais wise.

My friends father went to another state to a famous hypnotist and quit a really very bad drinking problem cold turkey. Again, placebo or not, it was worth everything.

I would never forgive myself though if I spent so much of our very tight budget on something I should technically be able to do on my own. Sad

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 3:16 am
If experience has shown you that this is something you cannot do on your own, it does not signify failure to pursue other options. On the chance that it may work, I would go for it.

Good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 4:55 am
a non-expensive hypnosis option is the book & CD " can make you thin" by Paul Mckenna.

I have used the CD (hypnosis) that helps to stop overeating.

He has 4 rules that he helps you keep to through hynosis:
1. When you're hungy, eat!
2. Eat only what you want, not what you think you should (ie. if you feel like chicken but think you should have only salad - eat the chicken!)
3. Eat consciously and slowly
4. Stop when you're full!

He basically uses hypnosis to break habits of eating for reasons other than hunger.

Good Luck Smile

amother

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 9:02 am
amother wrote:
a non-expensive hypnosis option is the book & CD " can make you thin" by Paul Mckenna.

I have used the CD (hypnosis) that helps to stop overeating.

He has 4 rules that he helps you keep to through hynosis:
1. When you're hungy, eat!
2. Eat only what you want, not what you think you should (ie. if you feel like chicken but think you should have only salad - eat the chicken!)
3. Eat consciously and slowly
4. Stop when you're full!

He basically uses hypnosis to break habits of eating for reasons other than hunger.

Good Luck Smile

Does it address other issues? Like when I am so overtired but I have to be up with the kids and if I don't get a sugar rush right away I will be unbearable. Or when I have no energy to prepare anything I can't grab. Or when nursing leaves me so hungry it takes forever to fill me up. Or food jealously like when I feel I have to eat something otherwise someone else will finish it all and I won't have any when I really want it. Sad

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 4:29 pm
amother wrote:
Has anyone tried hypnosis, acupuncture or another alternative method for weight loss?

I've lost weight on healthy low-cal/low-fat diets before, but I just can't stick to a good eating and exercise schedule this time around. I am at my witts end and my weight is not healthy mentally or physically!

My brother in law quit smoking through laser acupuncture (lasers instead of needles) quite a few years ago. Whether it was placebo or not my opinion is not smoking is worth the $500 he spent health and money wise and shalom bais wise.

My friends father went to another state to a famous hypnotist and quit a really very bad drinking problem cold turkey. Again, placebo or not, it was worth everything.

I would never forgive myself though if I spent so much of our very tight budget on something I should technically be able to do on my own. Sad

Maybe you need not just the help from a healer, but a nutritionist too - you shouldn't be gaining back the weight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise