Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Please Help Me Find a Treadmill -

Tova

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 7:49 pm
- that is lightweight, folds up (ie - easily transportable), adjustable speeds and inclines, measures miles walked, good ratings, and not too expensive.

I know, asking a lot, but anyone knows of anything that fits the bill?

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 7:50 pm
Lightweight?? Confused

Tova

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 7:53 pm
Well - relatively so it can be easily transported between rooms. Or - wheels that it can roll on when folded? Am I asking for something that doesn't exist?

Tova

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 8:08 pm
...something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/LifeSpan.....JZM34

marina

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 9:12 pm
I'm trying to get rid of my treadmill, let me know where you are.

Tova

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 9:56 pm
You are in the midwest, right? [Remembering from your cholov yisrael thread.] What a shame, I am on the east coast.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 10:09 pm
Tova wrote:
...something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/LifeSpan.....JZM34

Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on the parade. I just read through the reviews of that particular model and a few people mentioned that it is heavy. I know that mine is also VERY heavy. It doesn't have wheels, but can fold closed so that it's in an upright position, and even that is pretty tiring! I usually just leave it down. My initial reaction was, if it's light enough that you don't mind wheeling it from room to room, it must not be good quality... ? Confused But I would be happy to be proven wrong!

Tova

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 10:23 pm
No, that's OK. I want honest opinions. Actually, I thought the reviews on this one were pretty good. I wouldn't plan on moving it around all the time, but would want to have that ability. I have one in the basement that I bought used for $50 several years ago and by now the speeds are not working consistently and it doesn't track distance, just time. I have a portable DVD player but sometimes wish I could watch things on the computer while excersizing. I do not have a wireless connection (don't ask) so I was looking for it to be feasible to bring it to my den. I am going to call the company tomorrow and ask more specifics. Then I'll probrably try to buy it (or something else) used before resorting to new.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 10:28 pm
Lol!! And I take my wireless laptop down to my basement. Wink (To be honest, though, I am really too lazy to move my treadmill all over the house or basement. My husband and his friend from Yeshiva managed to shlep it downstairs, and I have no idea how it would move further!)

marina

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 11:30 pm
Tova wrote:
You are in the midwest, right? [Remembering from your cholov yisrael thread.] What a shame, I am on the east coast.

that is a shame b/c it is taking up space and I am tired of it and my dh got himself membership to a gym and I just want to get rid of it

entropy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:07 am
I think it's hard to justify the clutter of a treadmill in the era of wii fit.

Tova

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 8:54 am
Justifiable or not, it works for me.

OldYoung

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 10:22 am
entropy wrote:
I think it's hard to justify the clutter of a treadmill in the era of wii fit.

I love that! As if the rest of the clutter in my basement is justifiable! LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise