Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you use a mattress protector on your bed?

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:05 pm
My toddler sleeps in my bed when he is sick or not feeling well. like now... he is now recovering from strep plus has a bad cold plus has some weird rash. anyhow, every time hes in my bed either his wet diaper leaks, his dirty diaper leaks, he vomits, or his bottle leaks....etc. At this point, my mattress seems to be headed down the tubes... I would love to purchase a mattress cover but dont know where to get a good comfortable one. any advice?

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:08 pm
Yes. All our mattresses have covers. Walmart has a decent collection (and even there they aren't too cheap). I bought one that we love - it's very padded and makes the mattress even softer.

I can't seem to find it on their site, but it's well padded and the sides are entirely rubber, so that it's adjustable even for a pillow top mattress.

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:16 pm
ok I will look on walmart's site! thanks lifesgreat!

mamommommy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:17 pm
I have waterproof mattress pads on every bed in my house. They're soft on both sides and have a waterproof layer in the middle. I find it perfectly comfortable. I bought them all in Bed Bath and Beyond.

If you don't find them comfortable, then you could use the waterproof cover as a bottom layer and put a more plush mattress pad on top of it so that you don't compromise in comfort at all (although that is a lot of laundry when someone has an accident).

When I'm potty training my kids, I put a simple vinyl mattress cover on their mattresses to protect the mattress. It's very cheap and simple to just wipe clean when they have an accident.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:22 pm
gold21 wrote:
ok I will look on walmart's site! thanks lifesgreat!

I'd suggest you hop on over to their store. You can feel the covers and find one that's right for you.

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:24 pm
ok I will check bed bath and beyond too! thanks! I have the vinyl mattress cover on my toddler's bed, cuz its a total necessity on that bed, but I am now trying to discover something better quality and more comfortable, for my bed, my husbands bed, and to replace my toddler's vinyl one.

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:28 pm
lifesgreat, brooklynites are not so fortunate in regards to walmart.... theres no walmart near brooklyn as far as I know....!

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:32 pm
gold21 wrote:
lifesgreat, brooklynites are not so fortunate in regards to walmart.... theres no walmart near brooklyn as far as I know....!

Yoops. I have no idea where you live.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:47 pm
You can get them in brooklyn. Elegant linen or Telco sells them too.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:51 pm
Yes, we use mattress protectors.
You can buy mattress covers at Ben Barber or any other linen store. They have all different price ranges.Very comfortable.
I even saw some at Closeout Connections (yes, 48" too.)

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 5:59 am
I got a really comfortable one from Tuesday Morning. I think there might be one near Lakewood.

smilethere

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 6:47 am
Yup I do, I was scared in my first pregnancy that my waters would break in bed, and so I bought them then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics