Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
I am chassidish and want to move to baltimore

amother

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 7:04 pm
I am chassidish and I need to move out of new york for financial reasons. I thought of moving to baltimore since I heard it's cheaper to live there, but I don't knoe if I would fit in, and where my kids would go to school.if anyone has any info. for me I'd really appreciate it.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 7:50 pm
Why don't you visit ?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 7:52 pm
I realize you want to stay amother but you may want to share more info, like how old your kids are, boys/girls, etc. Hopefully people will start to reply so you can pm them if you choose.
Have you tried the chassidishe forum? Maybe there are some out of towners there. Hatzlacha!

2busy

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 8:19 pm
what about lakewood still close to home but cheap cheap compared to living - I made the switch 4-5 yrs ago and have a whole priveate house for the cost of my 1 rm bklyn apt - good luck - pm me if u want info - am chassidish by the way

lady

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 10:00 pm
I have a 7 year old girl and a 9 year old boy.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 10:56 pm
Chasidish is too broad of an identification. It's difficult for people to give you advice with only the fact that you're chasidish.

Yachna1

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 11:55 pm
I have visited a few times
first time we went the shul made my father for a gantze rebbe cause he was wearing a shtriemel
but last time I went with my DH he was no meyichus at all as there are quite a few shtreimlich in the shul already
I think more chasidim are relocating to Baltimore

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 10:27 am
What LG said -- there are many types of chassidim. Some would feel more comfortable in Baltimore than others.

prettyone

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 11:04 am
I live there and I think you would be able to fit in. baltimore pple are very accepting. no one cares what you do. besides there is a chassidish shul (not sure which sect) so your husband would have somewhere that davens his nusach. true there wont be alot of chassidim there and you might miss that but I dont think you will be ostracized.

if your looking for somewhere that has more chassidim and is cheaper then brooklyn I think what the pp said -try lakewood.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 11:26 am
Rabbi Taub's, I assume
Sternhell's is also nominally chassidish, and Rabbi Goldberger has chassidish roots as well...

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 11:28 am
A new shul with a chassidishe Rov is opening (I believe in the broader Green Spring area). The Rov is Rov Yissochor Dov Eichenstein who is the son of the Ziditchover Rebbe in Chicago.

lady

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 12:47 pm
which school do chassidishe people in baltimore send their kids to?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 12:54 pm
We had a thread on this before. There is no answer. There are so few chassidish families, that they just integrate with the regular schools.
2 main boy schools: TA and TI
2 main girl schools: Bais Yaakov and Bnos Yisroel
You pick what is the best fit for you. (There is also a Lubavitch cheder AFAIK that opened up in the past couple of years, and there are more modern options like Rambam...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating