Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Decorating kids' room

frumamn

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 4:52 pm
I want to make an alef bais border around the top of the wall in my kids' bedroom. my artistic talents are non-existent and there are no Jewish resources nearby. is there somewhere on-line to buy extra large alef bais cutouts or stencils? I know they are available on some teacher resource sites but I'm not a teacher........ Has anyone done this before and can help me?

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 5:04 pm
you can go to chinuch.org
there is a lot over there, and you don't need to be a teacher.

or just plain google "coloring alef" or whatever you want and click on images. You'll get a lot from there as well.

frumamn

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:01 pm
I know there are images available online- how do make them into stencils to paint or trace onto the walls? Would I need to go to a print shop to make copies big enough to make big cutouts or are there ready made ones available........ I'm trying to find the easiest way to do this

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:39 pm
here's an example: http://chinuch.org/item_detail.....p;s=2

print out 1 letter and see if you're happy with that size. If you want bigger, as long as it fits on the paper in your printer, you should be ablt to enlarge it. If you want it larger than that - then yes, you need to go to a printing shop.
Once you have it the size you want, cut out the actual letter, leaving the outside intact. place it on the wall where you want the alef, and paint over it. remove the paper, and voila.
If you want a sturdier stencil, glue it onto either construction paper or a piece of cardboard box before cutting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics