Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Need Help with Upsherin Ideas!!!
Previous  1  2

Bell

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 12:20 pm
y2kmommy if u live in CH there is a woman I know who makes special cakes prefessionally & I dont think she is expensive if u want her name pm me

SarahB

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 6:22 am
So this is an old thread.
But I'm getting in the mood for my son's big day, and for various reasons, I want to make a big deal of it.
So any other great ideas that anyone has? I love the Torah one surrounded by coins and jewels.
I'm interested in everything- food, activities for adults and kids, giveaways, entertainment, decor...
Explanations to make it more interesting..

Aribenj

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 1:56 pm
I an enjoying this thread as well, and while my little one's upsherin isn't until next year, I'm getting excited...

Keep the ideas coming!

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 2:09 pm
oh I had such fun with my ds's upsherin....I had a massive sweet table with tzitzis cookies, fruit, cupcakes, pekelech, cakes with sprinkles etc (it was purim time) so it was verrrrry colourful

then I had three round tables with streamers around the room and balloons as centre peices (I went to the 99c store and bought 11 balloons and tied them alternating heights to colourful firework like stones)
then I had a long table with hot dishes on it

I also made small peanut chews which the kids loved - they had their own colouring station and all the toys they needed!!!

the whole thing was cheap, cheerful and lots of fun!!!!!

YALT

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 2:27 pm
DS' upsheren was on a Sunday. So you end up having the whole town. So to keep the expenses down, I didn't want to serve a whole meal.
I did it from 2-4pm.
made a soup & salad bar.
made 4 types of soups (tomato, mushroom-barley, cream of broccoli, butternut squash)
I put out all dif types of veges (iceberg lettuce, romaine, tomatoes, cukes, avocado, red onion, mushrooms, baby corn, strawberries, mandarins, don't remember what else)
then I put out 5 types of dressings
between the soup & salad I put croutons (yellow & bread style), chowmein noodles, flat breads, breadsticks,....
everyone can mix & match as they please.
Cake was 2-layered rice krispies treats in shape of tzitzis & yarmulka.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 4:25 pm
Same here! My son turns 3 tsha bav (obviously we'll have the upsherin after) It looks like we'll have to do it on Sunday. We're having a BBQ with family and close friends. I want to get a nice cake and something else. I also want to find some sort of activity for the kids to do. We'll be around Monticello because most of DH's family have summer homes there but I'm looking for ideas! YALT I think I'll take your salad idea.

YALT

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 5:53 pm
if you're doing the salad idea, what's nice is to see if you can get planter pots to use as the serving bowls. You shouldn't have a problem getting them at that time of the year.

Gefen

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 8:24 pm
Looking for some ideas for son's upshernish

Share some of my thoughts

Serve fleshig everything mini
mini hot dogs
hamburgers
french fries in paper cones, with upshernish boys name
mini eggrolls
miniture things

or

Milchig food

Instead of a cake, if seen cupcakes that are covered with on frosting and then you pull apart

Center pieces, miniture trees, with dangling pics of my boy

still lookin and deciding

QUEENY

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 8:34 pm
To keep from having too many kids and adults indoors, we rented a moonwalk and a cotton candy machine and hired someone to man each. It was great and all the kids loved it-the parents too.

agh

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 9:27 pm
How would you decorate a mitzvah train cake? any ideas?

chom

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 12:55 am
imaof7 wrote:
I made tzitzis party bags out of white lunch bags,chocolate parve lollypops kipas, tzitzis from molds I bought in CH. also had a clown to keep it for kids, torah cake at one mitzvah train at another for a cake.

Where in CH, did you find the tzitzis molds? I've been searching...

gottago

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 12:59 am
buy black and white cookies.
Use icing (I used cakemate) to make eyes, mouth and peyos on the white part. The black is the yarmulka, you can also use icing to make a border and 3 sections so its a little more obvious. These were the biggest hit and my sons upsherin.
delicious and adorable, just like my tzaddikel.

ganizzy

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 1:06 am
I saw the tzitis mold at sterling electronics in crown heights

a cute centerpiece is the alef bais mats made into squares with balloons attached, pr chocolate or cookie lollypops sticking out from the middle (stuck into foam or newspaper)

u can buy the little tzeddaka kits from JET - jewish educational toys
they come with the cardboard pushka, 4 crayons, and a tzeddakah paper
I believe they run about $1.25 each

for my sons upshernish someone made me a siddur cake from rice krispy treats, alef bais cookies
and someone else made an alef bais train
I dont know how to upload pics so if u want them pm me
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics