Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Do I have to make separate supper for dh?

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 7:37 pm
dh doesnt eat any fleishig. if I'm making fleishig for dinner, do I have to feel "obligated" to make something pareve for him. whatever I make for the side, I keep parev, but just soup, salad, macaroni, etc. is not enough for him. any ideas?

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 8:50 pm
makle a scrambled egg or omelette for him to go with everything else. or something like baked beans or a veggie schnitzle.

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 8:51 pm
also if you make the soup a lentil or bean soup that should contain enough protein for him.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 9:13 pm
My parents had the opposite. My father wouldn't eat anything milchik - or just about. We just had fleishigs for dinner every night, with very few exceptions. As my mother said, "Why should I spend time cooking a meal that Dad won't enjoy?"

That was her attitude. My father appreciated it. Do you HAVE to? You don't have to do anything. You don't have to make him dinner every night - you could give him a peanut butter sandwich, or even tell him to make his own. There's not much you HAVE to do in a marriage.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 9:30 pm
I can't imagine not providing a decent dinner for my husband. So if it were me I would make as many meals dairy or fish as possible so he can eat everything and I don't have to do more work. But for those fleishig meals, if you are keeping the sides pareve, you don't have to make a whole separate meal for him, just be prepared to supplement it with something extra he likes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey