Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Help! I don't even have a menu for RH yet.....
Previous  1  2  3  4

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 3:28 pm
LadyG wrote:
I'm in the same boat! This is my first RH married and we're eating at home for the first night and both day meals. I don't even know where to start! I looked at some recipes here and in my cookbook and made a list. But, how much to prepare? How much will be leftover from one meal to be used for the next? And how serious is it to use vinegar in a salad dressing? It doesn't really make the salad bitter, cuz then we wouldn't be using it, right? So I'm debating to cut out that salad or not...I really have to finalize the menu and shopping list. I don't want to be caught in the crazy shopping rush! Last week, I went shopping for Shabbos, and the cash register computers were down for about 15 minutes. It was nuts! The place was packed with people with huge shopping carts waiting on line! I thought I would be in and out in 20 minutes; it took over an hour till I got home! I am not interested in a similar situation this week! Besides for shopping, work and school start this week for me, so I'm low on free time to cook....Wow, felt good to get that out! Good luck everyone! And more importantly, k'siva v'chasima tovah! Very Happy

OMG, return it all. Do not use any for RH.

Sorry, couldn't resist Tongue Out

enneamom

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 3:30 pm
shalhevet wrote:
LadyG wrote:
I'm in the same boat! This is my first RH married and we're eating at home for the first night and both day meals. I don't even know where to start! I looked at some recipes here and in my cookbook and made a list. But, how much to prepare? How much will be leftover from one meal to be used for the next? And how serious is it to use vinegar in a salad dressing? It doesn't really make the salad bitter, cuz then we wouldn't be using it, right? So I'm debating to cut out that salad or not...I really have to finalize the menu and shopping list. I don't want to be caught in the crazy shopping rush! Last week, I went shopping for Shabbos, and the cash register computers were down for about 15 minutes. It was nuts! The place was packed with people with huge shopping carts waiting on line! I thought I would be in and out in 20 minutes; it took over an hour till I got home! I am not interested in a similar situation this week! Besides for shopping, work and school start this week for me, so I'm low on free time to cook....Wow, felt good to get that out! Good luck everyone! And more importantly, k'siva v'chasima tovah! Very Happy

OMG, return it all. Do not use any for RH.

Sorry, couldn't resist Tongue Out

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

After all, you never know WHERE they may turn up...
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur