Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Newly hired babysitter just informed me she is pregnant!
Previous  1  2

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 7:43 pm
I wouldn't care if she's pregnant or not--- I'd care if she's doing her job. Her job is not to plunk them in front of the tv and ignore diapers. Her job is to take them outside or to the playroom or wherever you ASK her to take them--- you're the boss! Sounds like your kids were bored!

When I had sitters (lately I haven't used a lot of sitters since my kids are in preschool half the day), I let them have 10-15 minutes of tv, but otherwise the sitter had to read to them, play with them, do games--- I even laid out suggestions of WHAT they like to do and play. I would even walk into the room after a couple of hours and do a diaper check--- if someone needed a diaper I'd suggest a change..... "you might want to change diapers now and then do lunch"-- In other words--- please change the kid now. Smile

You're being super duper extra nice. No need. Pregnant or not, I'd let her go.

canada

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 7:53 pm
You should look out for your kids and yourself first.
I understand that you feel bad, but your paying a babysitter for doing nothing. You are not getting the srvice you hired her for at all. Give her a week notice (tell her she should find a job that needs less physical energy). And then...

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 6:34 am
Wow, I would be MAD if that were my babysitter.

As I mention, my babysitter is pregnant and the worst thing that has happened as a result of that is that once she wasn't feeling very well on a day that she came to us, so she focused only on caring for the kids and didn't clean up as much as she usually does. The next day when she came she was feeling a lot better and I came home to a super spotless house Very Happy

farm

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 9:44 am
Stop saying you can't fire her bc she's pregnant. You're not! You're firing her bc she is not taking good care of your children. Who do you have more rachmanus on? A hired worker or your children?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 10:15 am
farm wrote:
Stop saying you can't fire her bc she's pregnant. You're not! You're firing her bc she is not taking good care of your children. Who do you have more rachmanus on? A hired worker or your children?

OP here: You are totally right! I think I just feel empathy because of what I went through (read a previous post). Of course, the situations were totally different! Anyway, I need to stop being so nice with this, you are all correct, I am being way to nice. She is arriving soon. DH is runnning late today, so he will be here when she arrives. Any advice on what to say to her?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers