Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Quick (fix) weight loss, dangerous?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 3:36 pm
I have seen other threads about different quick fix ways of losing weight.
I was always taught that such weight loss is dangerous, to loose a lot of weight quickly is not good for anyone.

A few questions.

First off, why would anyone do such a "diet"? If it is only a quick fix, it wont help you in the long run but just for a short while, while you are taking the pills, drink, whatever it is, and then once you are off of the special whatever, most people go back to their original weight or more.

Second question is, why would you do it? It is so dangerous to look a lot of weight in a short time. I have heard terrible stories of people loosing a pound a day and bad things happening. Why would you risk it?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 4:46 pm
Because people are desperate. And once they decide to lose weight, they want to be done with it already.

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 5:59 pm
becasue they have tried all the slow ways and it hasn't worked?

mazelandbracha

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 7:30 pm
Because dieting the right way is hard. It's really a lifestyle change. People get lazy, or don't have the self control to do it right. (and that's me, too. I know not to eat junk and that I should exercise, but if someone invented a "be thin" pill that worked and was safe, I'd be all over it.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise