Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Who Taught You How To Drive?
Previous  1  2

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:05 pm
Merrymom wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
My husband taught me Smile. Then he started to complain that I 'drive like a man', so I got a driving instructor. Now all he does is complain that I dont drive like a lady Rolling Eyes. Hello, duh! I was taught by a man!

How do ladies drive Confused ?

Y'know, they stay only in the right lane of the highway, and look 300 times before making a turn, and by that time the light has already turned red. According to him, lady drivers dont switch lanes, and dont make turns when there is sufficient space to turn before an oncoming car Rolling Eyes . Yeah, I'm a safe driver, but hey, he taught me to drive exactly the way he does!

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:49 pm
Well, I drive like a new woman-driver. I just got my license in May- took lessons with a driving school and dh. Since then I've driven a lot- but I am still very overly cautious. I thought it was new driver thing. Now I see it's also a woman thing.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:54 pm
First, my dad (who also taught my mom when they were first married), then driving school so I could get my license at 17.

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 9:14 pm
my father was a driving instructor and already had the dual break car from the driving school, so he taught me. he was pretty great but I drive nothing like him! I'm totally too aggressive on the road and I have no patience.

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 10:07 am
Mostly a driving teacher. I seem to remember having 9 lessons.

michal817

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 11:49 am
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
My husband taught me Smile. Then he started to complain that I 'drive like a man', so I got a driving instructor. Now all he does is complain that I dont drive like a lady Rolling Eyes. Hello, duh! I was taught by a man!

How do ladies drive Confused ?

Y'know, they stay only in the right lane of the highway, and look 300 times before making a turn, and by that time the light has already turned red. According to him, lady drivers dont switch lanes, and dont make turns when there is sufficient space to turn before an oncoming car Rolling Eyes . Yeah, I'm a safe driver, but hey, he taught me to drive exactly the way he does!

So apparently my DH is a "lady" driver! LOL He's one of the most cautious drivers I've ever met, rarely changes lanes unless I tell him to, and always keeps to the speed limit. I'm the aggressive driver - in fact, if we ever want to get someplace quickly I always end up driving.

Funny thing is, we were both taught by the same driving instructor...

morah

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 1:02 pm
DH learned from driver's ed in high school. His father wouldn't let him get a license (because that would be too much freedom) so his uncle took him to the dmv and pretended to be his dad.

I never learned b/c I'm from NYC and it just never made my priority list. DH recently put his foot down, saying I'd better get my license before the baby comes or he'll stop driving me places, so I recently started taking lessons with a driving instructor. He's a good instructor, but disturbingly racist. When I'm in the car, he's mostly complaining about blacks and hispanics, which makes me wonder what he says about Jews when I'm not in the car Confused
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette