Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What age should dd start makeup?
Previous  1  2

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 10:41 am
I started at 17

speaks the truth

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 9:44 am
I think that eleventh grade is a perfect time to start. shes mature enough to start and she will have time to develop her technique and practice. I think its also important for you to take her to a makeup counter and help her pick out tasteful and age appropriate makeup for her.( no need for heavy foundation, concealer.....)this way shell be more comfortable and not lost with the process.

Aribenj

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 2:25 pm
15-16? nobody NEEDS it. But it's a nice rite of passage.

I think that for young girls, the secret to good makeup is that no one is supposed to notice you're WEARING an make-up. So as long as it's VERY light (eye-liner, eye-shadow, blush, lipstick, it's all fine, as long as it's barely noticeable) I think sometime in the mid-teens, or whenever they're responsible enough to remove it at the end of the day is a good time to start.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Sep 27 2010, 2:41 pm
I started when I was 16.5, in 11th grade, only for shabbos and weddings. I started wearing it on a regular basis when I turned about 18 or so. Since I can remember, my friends and I always had a makeup obsession and until we got our own, we would play dress up with our mothers' and sisters' makeup. Whenever we had the opportunity, such as for school plays or sleepovers, we would paint our faces as much as we could. We loved experimenting and it was the greatest excitement when each of us finally got our own set. We went to a makeup artist and got our shades and learned how to apply it correctly (although we were almost pros ourselves, after all that practice). I still love makeup and wear a full face everyday. It makes me feel pretty and feminine. Despite some saying that once you start you always have to wear it, I sometimes go bare or light, with minimal eye makeup, blush and gloss. I don't think one gets tired of makeup if they start too early. I think it's a personality. Some are not as into it as others are. If your daughter is 16. I think it's okay for her to start wearing some and learning how to apply it correctly. I can't wait for the time I will get to take my daughters for their very first set of cosmetics.

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Sep 27 2010, 3:56 pm
I think when they reach dating age. Young faces are gorgeous as they are. Most of my friends here let their girls get a "makeover" for the senior portrait, but don't send them to school generally in makeup. Personally, at 40, I just wear a little lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. And if I looked better without, I wouldn't have it on!

Tweedledee

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 5:30 pm
I read somewhere that a woman who was worried that her daughter would experiment with makeup inappropriately when she started threw her daughter a makeup party for her birthday and hired an avon lady to teach the girls what colors and how to apply the makeup.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 8:22 pm
The first time was when I was about 11 for my brothers bar mitzva. I started regularly at about 14. At 18, I was already working at the Elizabeth Arden counter in Macys.

The important thing to remember is to stay out of the sun and use plenty of moisturizer. Im in my high 40s , and no one believes Im older then 32. I always have to show them my license to proove my real age.

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 9:57 pm
By 18 she should deff be wearing makeup

amother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 5:12 am
718 wrote:

By 18 she should deff be wearing makeup

Scratching Head

DCgirl

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 2:54 pm
I started at 16 officially, but I snuck a rosy beige lipstick in when I was 14.
I highly suggest starting off with a subtly tinted lipgloss, tinted high SPF moisturizer (Clinique CityBlock is excellent and I even use it now) and mascara.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics