Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Any ideas for dinner tonight?

simhat_nisuyyin

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 6:41 pm
I usually cook according to whatever we have around the house and what needs to be used up-- but we are going away for Shabbat and so are skipping the shopping until next week. Now I'm out of ideas for what to make for supper tonight; it would require going to the nearest (pricey!) supermarket and picking up the ingredients. I want something simple as I'm tired, but I also want to have a nice dinner on the romantic side! Any ideas for a simple, satisfying, healthy, and vegetarian meal?

Thanks!

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 7:07 pm
rice mixed with sauteed veggies and sliced almonds?

simhat_nisuyyin

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 7:26 pm
Great idea... any thought on adding protein to it? Do you think the almonds are sufficient? As in, sufficient for the male protein-hunger?

Tova

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 7:33 pm
We are also going away for Shabbos (to my in-laws) so...supper tonight was scrambled eggs, baked frozen tilapia, baked frozen french fries, cut tomatoes, strawberries. Kids liked it enough! (I did offer to my MIL that I'd bake challah and I am semi-busy at work).

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 7:52 pm
I think almonds have enough protein... Maybe add cold prepared chickpeas? Also if you use brown rice you will get more protein than with white rice.

simhat_nisuyyin

Post Thu, Oct 28 2010, 7:55 pm
Yep, I always use brown rice Smile
Actually, canned chickpeas are a great idea because they make a complete protein with the rice. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen