Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
AMI: Vol I Issue II
Previous  1  2

sunspot

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 2:02 pm
I am aware of thet and do reading online more that offline, however I still think something is off in the layout AND content

quickchef

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:48 pm
Webdesignermom - the answer is in your name! Anyone that is tuned into graphics, design etc. will see AND feel things others may not...

I too felt a bit disoriented graphics-wise... some pages were really well done - you could tell they worked it out for a while... but others simply were "not"... Another minor issue... the articles are not finished with a "what's that thing at the end of each article" - making you feel lost - do I need to turn the page, is the article done, or not?)

But all these things, in my opinion, are quite correctable - doing an otherwise fine job for a brand new publication.

sunspot

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:04 pm
You did not read my complete comment--I felt the articles themselves were such a strange mix. such disjointed reading

quickchef

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:19 pm
It may have been (obviously it felt like that to you) - but it did not strike me as such, and enjoyed it much - especially the Women's section.

cbw

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:37 pm
I also found it boring, the living was pretty good though. I did not like the yichus article at all. the one about the handicapped girl was interesting, but I found it annoying the way it kept going back and forth between her story and the narrative. basically, an annoying layout.

Seraph

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 2:40 am
Hey- no one's going to scan my article?

shalhevet

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 2:46 am
Yes, I'm waiting too. Meanwhile you can email me what you have Smile

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 9:19 am
my mother has the Ami now. sorry Sad

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 9:34 am
If I were to take a wild guess, Shalhevet, I'd assume it would have to do with the thread you started regarding if frugality is worth it.

Seraph

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 10:48 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
If I were to take a wild guess, Shalhevet, I'd assume it would have to do with the thread you started regarding if frugality is worth it.
Nope, it actually had to do with a thread way back when where I was asked by shalhevet why we weren't making it, what I was spending all my money on... and I didn't know how to answer... :-D

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 10:57 am
Ah Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room