Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
IS A lUBAVITCH SCHOOL REALLY DIFFERENT?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:28 pm
I live in a community with quite a few schools & for a variety of reasons we are specifically considering a Lubavich school for one of our kids. I just want to point out that many kids with many minhagim go to schools that have different than their own & do just fine. My girls went to an ashkenaz Bais Yaakov, yet we daven nushach sfard, & have many chasidish minhagim. This was not problem at all. In fact one year one of my dd came home with a beautiful Hagadah companion book for the Seder. In it the teacher went through the Hagadah & because that year the minhagim in the class varied so, she asked the girls to tell about their minhagim at the seder. It was fun to go through it.

MommyZ

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:31 pm
There are also definitely advantages to sending your children to a school that has a mesorah (or minhagim) as close to your own as possible. We moved to make that possible for our children.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children