Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Need WAH Job- can do lots of stuff

lifesajourney

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 4:50 pm
Anyone know of a job I can do from home? I can write, proofread, do stuff on the computer, can even wash and blow wigs -simple stuff, just no babysitting or talking with clients.. Any ideas? I'm open! thanks. Please help!!!!!!

3mitzvos

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 4:59 pm
I know someone who does medical transcription. She makes about $20/hr. If you're interested, I can find out which company she got trained by/works for.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 6:36 pm
I would be interested in that info if you could find out. Thank you.

lifesajourney

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 10:00 pm
what is it

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 10:35 pm
So why don't you wash and blow wigs? You will need to figure out how to let people know that you do it - either by advertising or by word of mouth and offering introductory deals.

lifesajourney

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 11:07 pm
I really only do simple stuff, so can't advetisr or people will send me their wigs with all the specifications I won't know how to do...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 7:44 am
Make a list of everything you can and are willing to do. Then put ads on ebay, craigslist etc.
If you don't put the same name on all it looks more serious Smile

I teach at all levels, English, French and literature.
I pet sit.
I breed and sell (family style, not industrial) rats and guinea pigs.
I do genealogy.
I help with homework/make you do the homework.
I sell books on amazon, and occasionally clothes or items bought abroad on ebay.
among others! Only mentioning those who function now BH!

I planned to baby sit non walking babies at night (when DH is home and DD in bed and I can just sit with the baby in front of tv Wink ) but think most people would want a bigger apartment even for that.

Depending on your personality and life experience, you can try:
life coach, diet coach, relooking, dating/shidduch coach, organize people's closets, personal shopper, teach people the basics of make up/appropriate dress for their type of body/hairdo/sheitel care, education/chinuch, work coach, selling wigs, catterer, photography/kid photography/pet photography, photography lessons, teaching computer use, ... be original!

While I personally don't like the idea, some do shidduchim, teach BTs... for money. Now maybe you could teach small classes kodesh for kids who need to catch up, even bat mitsva prep depending on what's expected. Inquire what is the "bad course" in local schools (here it's English) and see if you can offer catching up.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 8:52 am
I would be very cautious when using craigslist. It is a great tool, but there are lots of wackos on there. IMHO anything that involves you going to other people's homes IMHO should be started more through word of mouth and advertising in frum magazines.

There are also craigslist people that try and get work for free (on ebay it's not such an issue because of the rating system, usually you can spot the duds). Make sure to have your terms clear and keep all written/emailed memos so you can have evidence. I know it sounds sad, but it really helps you in the one in a hundred case when the client is nasty.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 2:22 pm
3mitzvos wrote:
I know someone who does medical transcription. She makes about $20/hr. If you're interested, I can find out which company she got trained by/works for.
Is this something that is from america or israel? If it is in israel, I would also be interested to find out more about this. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers