Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
What type of writing do you like to do

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 11:37 pm
I noticed most of you go for poems (which I can't write for the life of mine!) Anyone else like writing essays, interviews, or human interest stuff?

I'd love to learn how to write fiction but I think I don't have it in me.

So.....what's your favorite sort of writing?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:02 am
I usually write in free verse. It's, well, freeing to write without having to worry about rhyming or conventional grammar.

e. e. cummings is one of my favorites.

I did always dream of writing a novel - even had a full outline for it - but it hasn't happened yet.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:12 am
Essays, book reviews, short scenes

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:18 am
I actually like to do a variety of writing, but it is harder to write long stories etc with the time I have and in the space here...

sneakermom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:35 am
I write best about stuff that I know about first hand. I am also not good at fiction. And poems is not my favorite writing either. I would love to try to write a short story based on true events.

shosh

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:37 am
I love writing stories, but I have no time for it right now. But I am probably best at discursive prose rather than fiction. And don't get me on the subject of my poetic ability. It's somewhere on the level of that Vogon poetry classic, "An Ode to a Piece of Green Putty". Need I say more?

Seraph

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:55 am
I used to write poetry when I was younger, but it doesnt flow as easily now. I've had poems published a few times and won contests with my poetry, but I found poetry came more easily to me when I was going through a rough patch emotionally. I view it as a good thing that I don't write poetry anymore. It means I have menuchas hanefesh.

I've written 9 chapters in a novel that was loved by many, but for various reasons I've quit writing it, at least at this point in my life.

Now I prefer to write articles about things that interest me, like childbirth, mothering, or my current passion, frugality. I also have occasionally written short stories, one of which was published.
And now you all know that I write a frugal column for Ami magazine. :-D

robynm

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 10:32 am
I am not so into poetry. the idea to start this writing club was not specifically for poetry... but as we all are quite busy, it seems to be the fastest form of writing. but I never follow any rules in my writing (or in anything Wink I have been writing a book about my life in my head for the last few years and hope to put it down on paper some day soon. not sure if the world is ready to read what I have to say yet?!?

but I guess my writing is blunt and a reflection of my feelings towards the world....

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 10:35 am
My best is poems, though I wrote a novel (with a few poems in it). I am not good at fiction.

yomomf

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:16 am
Prose, I have written songs in the past but all of them come from a very damaged place in me which B''H I have really overcome.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:18 pm
I've also written songs...Mostly for my children. One in particular my kids love; we just call it the banshee song. Anyway, it was written in a state of frustration and I let my frustration out through singing the song to the child who was frustrating me. It worked on so many levels! Keep me calmer so I could calm my child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club