Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Once again, "Milano" and "Unethical" in
Previous  1  2

micki

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 9:48 pm
Quote:
Dayzmom, so you have the same objection to the guy who sells kapotes outside of 770 during Tishrei?

is there a kapote store next door to where he is selling?
I think the issue is location, not the fact that there is competition.
I know that you are permitted to open a school next door to another school, because we only want to increase in learning.
but business have different halachos.
if I am wrong, correct me, but that is what I remember.

Dayzmom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 9:49 pm
I do not have an objection to the kapoteh guy by 770 (who now rents a section inside Bardy's) because there is no established business on the block on Kingston between EP and Union.

As a matter of fact, on the corner of Kingston and Union there are 3 sheitel places. Genia, Yaffa and Rebecca. They are all steadies and they are established so I do not have a problem with them all being relatively close.

The fact they are setting up a temp. vending spot right next to her is just too close for comfort.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 9:51 pm
um..every person brings in the set amount of income hashem decided on on rosh hashana...this will not make a difference.
and yes, this post was LH

Atali

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:00 pm
Dayzmom wrote:
I do not have an objection to the kapoteh guy by 770 (who now rents a section inside Bardy's) because there is no established business on the block on Kingston between EP and Union.

As a matter of fact, on the corner of Kingston and Union there are 3 sheitel places. Genia, Yaffa and Rebecca. They are all steadies and they are established so I do not have a problem with them all being relatively close.

The fact they are setting up a temp. vending spot right next to her is just too close for comfort.

If anything I would think that the location next to 770 makes it more likely to take away business from other stores than just about any other location in Crown Heights.

However, if I understand correctly, your argument is that:

1. It is ethical to set up a temporary store as long as it is not on the same block as a permanent store
2. It is ethical for multiple permanent stores to be located on the same block

If you agree with both of these, then your argument is quite week. If temporary vendors have the right to do business in Crown Heights, and multiple shaitel stores can survive without closing on the same block, then there is no reason to believe that a temporary shaitel store on the same block as another store will cause severe and irreparable harm to the existing businesses.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:02 pm
OMG...penpal ,I was right!*
maybe they can make some cash during the event !!! and give micky and cookielady a much deserved REFUND!

I have a new slogan for them....

Milano wigs....Quality ,Style,Value ! unless we sell u a lemon then ... "we put the FUN in getting a reFUNd" Twisted Evil Tongue Out

*sorry ladies inside joke with a bud LOL Twisted Evil

Dayzmom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:05 pm
Well I'm not a lawyer so it's very possible that my argument it weak. I am not trying to win any business or halachic awards. This is my opinion. Based on hundreds (probably thousands) of posts I've read here I was under the impression that I could post about something that was bothersome to me. I see so many posts like that on here and I certainly didn't expect the barrage of attacks.

Even if the post was L"H, which was not my intention, I do believe that I am HUMAN. The ugliness of women attacking me for L"H in attempt to make me feel bad is no better.

de_goldy

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:06 pm
Honestly - seems like Milano is getting desperate for business. As they've become a more common name, more people are buying and the word is getting out about their poor quality and terrible customer service. I have numerous friends who regret their purchases due to customer service issues. I would not touch Milano with a ten foot pole and I also wouldn't worry too much about this.

Dayzmom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:10 pm
de_goldy wrote:
Honestly - seems like Milano is getting desperate for business. As they've become a more common name, more people are buying and the word is getting out about their poor quality and terrible customer service. I have numerous friends who regret their purchases due to customer service issues. I would not touch Milano with a ten foot pole and I also wouldn't worry too much about this.

Thanks for replying in a respectable and kind manner. You may be right, I never thought of it that way.

Atali

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:11 pm
Dayzmom wrote:
Well I'm not a lawyer so it's very possible that my argument it weak. I am not trying to win any business or halachic awards. This is my opinion. Based on hundreds (probably thousands) of posts I've read here I was under the impression that I could post about something that was bothersome to me. I see so many posts like that on here and I certainly didn't expect the barrage of attacks.

Even if the post was L"H, which was not my intention, I do believe that I am HUMAN. The ugliness of women attacking me for L"H in attempt to make me feel bad is no better.

I'm sorry that I offended you. I certainly feel no animosity towards you and had no intention of attacking you.

I understand that you have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine. Which is precisely why you can state your opinion and I can state mine.

Then we can go back to getting along on other threads Smile

Atali

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:11 pm
BTW, I know nothing about Milano and have never considered buying a shaitel from them.

Dayzmom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:13 pm
Apology accepted. We'll agree to disagree. I'm totally for differences of opinion. I'm totally NOT for alienating someone b/c of them.

Tova

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:13 pm
Dayz, I'm sorry you felt attacked. My intention definately wasn't to make you feel bad. I suppose I could have PM'd you, but because I felt so strongly that the thread was wrong, I felt I needed to take a stand publically. It's just the nature of a board like this.

Let's be friends Very Happy .

Atali

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:19 pm
At this point I am locking the thread because the different sides of this issue have been expressed and any more discussion will lead to hurt feelings and lashon hara.

If anyone has anything important to add, please PM me.

If OP would like it reopened then I will consider doing so.

Atali

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 1:30 pm
Someone from Crown Heights asked me to add the following:

"I was there yesterday and they hung a sign inside the sale that basically said in deference to their neighbors they would NOT be doing wash and sets during the kinnus and if you wanted one to please patronize Scissor Palace (the place next door)."
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics