Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Home cooked/baked MM vs. packaged

farm

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 10:57 am
Do you consider it nicer that someone took the time to cook/bake for you or do you think it's cheap?

1Life2Live

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 11:11 am
I think it's nice and wish I had the time to do it too

mom4life

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 11:42 am
I don't because I don't want to waste time home baking something that people might throw out. (Ie allergies, hechsor ect...)

bubule

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 11:20 am
It depends how it looks;
Sometimes you see that the sender wanted to save money and sent home made cake,
I am totally in the idea on not wasting money but it has to look nice,
Many times there is a problem of hechsher, ....

Simple1

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 5:40 pm
Not at all cheap! I value the time and effort they put into it. Most packaged items I have gotten are not expensive anyway - usually cheaper things I could easily buy myself. A home made item is unique.
But I agree with others about the issue of others not trusting your hechsher or not eating it for whatever reason.
That said, I myself don't give home made, and whatever people give, home-made or not, I appreciate the thought.

bigsis144

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 6:00 pm
I would much rather get a homemade MM -- they're usually much healthier, even if it is cakes or cookies. Less preservatives and food colorings, probably fresher than store-bought, and most people who bother baking for MM know what they're doing.

B"H, though, I don't have any allergy problems, or people with questionable kashrus trying to give me homemade foods, so I'm not in the position where it would be simpler to only accept packaged MM.

gumdrop

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 6:08 pm
I like homemade better when it's from family. Otherwise I'll take the bought stuff please.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 7:39 pm
gumdrop wrote:
I like homemade better when it's from family. Otherwise I'll take the bought stuff please.

what she said. also very close friends.

farm

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 11:44 am
I basically agree with all of the above. It's a really nice gesture, but there is a high likelihood that the person will throw it out bc of allergy or kashrus issues. So why are there so many posts here that discuss homecooked and homebaked MM?

May

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 1:14 pm
I way prefer the homemade, and that's what I always send. Amongst the people I send to and receive from, the chance of it getting thrown out is not likely, as it's all family and close friends (I live in a very tight-knit community).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics