Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Fairly accurate Kohen Gadol costume ?

opinionatedbubby

Post Thu, Feb 10 2011, 11:55 pm
Anyone know where to find a kohen gadol costume that attempts to be pretty accurate?
It's for my six year old grandson, he's a kohen, he wants one badly, I'm willing to spend for it. His parents say a chintzy inaccurate one, like they've seen will drive them crazy. ( good thing I asked them first)
I've seen beautiful, detailed ones from E"Y, but now that I want one, I can't find it. I'm a sew-er, (not a sewer) I'd sew one if I could find a pattern. Anybody know where to find one?

new-here

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 1:03 am
I saw one in the Community connections this week which seems to be pretty accurate. It is a whopping $80 I think. If you need the # let me know and I will look it up for you.

Miri1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 1:20 am
I"m actually in the process of working one out for my son. I also don't want to buy a chintzy one. I've ordered cloth for it, and I have some "bells" and "rimonim" - the curtain trims you find in the haberdashery store.
I don't have a pattern, but I'm hoping it won't be too complicated. I expect the ketones to be the most, as this has arms.
He already came home with a really cute choshen that he made at school a few weeks ago.
If you do find a pattern, I'd love to hear about it!

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 1:24 am
My friend looked at diagrams in a book that described the beis hamikdash.

Maybe ask at a bookstore.
Or search Google Images.
Or check out the chinuch.org website.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics