Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
If family wont eat in your home...
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 1:03 pm
OP here.

Thanks for all your responses... I feel alot better about the whole thing now... I think I needed a bit of time to just let it sink in, and realize, its not necessarily me, and my home, but her own personal choice of 'level'.

I never intended in this post to bring it up to them, or pressure them to come to eat by us... I was more just taken aback by it. More like a 'didnt see that coming' moment. I would feel uncomfortable with her eating in my home KNOWING she is uncomfortable eating in my home..

Shabbos meals is the only time I have to really sit down with my married siblings and spouses, and have a relationship with them. The rest of the week is crazy busy for all of us.

Being that I have an infant and several young children, most meals and family get-togethers take place in our house. I hope that they dont miss out on all these bonding occasions because thats when relationships are built.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 4:11 pm
(quote)It's not a minhag not to eat bugs, it's an issur d'araisah along with other things like keeping Shabbos and bris milah.(/quote)

Of course not eating bugs is an issur d'araisah, but if someone spends the time to check her cabbage instead of buying pre-checked cabbage, that does not make it less kosher or less mehadrin.

I'm talking for example about one chassideshe schita as opposed to another chassideshe schita, one rebbe's hechsher as opposed to another rebbe's hechsher
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette