Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Preschool Project - Mishpatim

mc

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 5:22 pm
Do any preschool teachers have ideas to share for a project to do for. this week's Parsha? Usually, we're focusing on Purim around Parshas Mishpatim time and don't do a parsha craft, but since it's a leap year we have lots of extra Parsha time. Thanks.

avimom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 5:54 pm
I've made milchig and fleishig cabinet signs...
You can also do something about hashavas aveida...

mc

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 4:41 am
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, many of the kids aren't frum, so I don't know how well the kashrus idea would go over. Any specific ideas for hashavas aveidah craft?
I also usually talk abt emes and read eli and his white lie. Any emes craft ideas?
Thanks so much!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:50 am
what about helping the eldery "Azov Taazov Imoi". Or help someone with packages etc.

LadyG

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 10:01 am
For hashavas aveidah we do two things:
1. A paper cut in the shape of a key which the children decorate with dot art and glue on a copy of the prayer for lost objects at the top of the key. I guess the paper is a key because keys often get lost...
2. One a paper, we fasten on a picture of a boy with a paper fastener so it can move back and forth, and then the children glue on a boy next to him, and a ball in the movable boy's hand. This demonstrates hashavas aveidah quite nicely.

Good luck! With the extra Adar this year, there really is time to fill in with supplement projects too- when it's snowy we learn about Hillel climbing up to the roof of the beis medrash to learn, the Chofetz Chaim and how he emptied the water carriers buckets from freezing overnight. Other topics to include are health habits, 5 senses...

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:46 pm
For parshas mishpatim this year, my son brought home milchig and fleishig placemats. They learned all about not mixing milk and meat, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics