Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Project Inspire
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:23 pm
Anyone else going

The schedule is so overwhelming

How do you choose

Really, we are going because we needed a getaway

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:28 pm
First of all you can totally skip it all.
Second of all, download the agenda and see if there’s anyone or any topic you’re interested in?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:41 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Second of all, download the agenda and see if there’s anyone or any topic you’re interested in?

Yes
I even printed it out
There are a few

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:19 am
Anyone going

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:05 am
So what stage of life are you at and what are your interests?
Any area you’re struggling in?
Do you enjoy any of the speakers from before?
I know people who say that they go to the speaker regardless of topic

Princess23

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:08 am
amother OP wrote:
Anyone else going

The schedule is so overwhelming

How do you choose

Really, we are going because we needed a getaway

Are you going just you and husband? It’s so expansive. I understand if someone has a good job and just goes husband and wife but to take the whole family means you’ll be having a bill of like multiple thousand. Also, are you allowed to use maasar on this if it goes to Kiruv and they’re way overpriced and therefore most goes to Kiruv?

amother Celeste wrote:

So what’s the point of paying all that money just to stay in a hotel room?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:23 am
Princess23 wrote:
So what’s the point of paying all that money just to stay in a hotel room?

Huh???
Yes I can afford it
I’m not using masser
It’s a whole shabbaton not just a hotel room
There’s yummy food, entertainment shiurim if we choose to go, minyanim
It’s at a time we CAN get away

It’s just my husband and I. You don’t know why we need to go. It’s not for spiritual reasons. We are going purely to enjoy a Shabbos away, while we still can.

Why are you judging me?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:30 am
BTW- I’m the OP. from
My Husband Has Stage 4 AMA
So now you know why we need to get away
I don’t know why but this judging really made me feel bad
Thanks a lot

Really I shouldn’t care what a stranger says but, thanks for nothing

Princess23

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Huh???
Yes I can afford it
I’m not using masser
It’s a whole shabbaton not just a hotel room
There’s yummy food, entertainment shiurim if we choose to go, minyanim
It’s at a time we CAN get away

It’s just my husband and I. You don’t know why we need to go. It’s not for spiritual reasons. We are going purely to enjoy a Shabbos away, while we still can.

Why are you judging me?

It’s not about judgment. I am curious what types of people go. What types of jobs do they have? Do they own wealthy business’s? Why would you choose going to project inspire for a Shabbaton instead of exploring the world and going on an Alaskan cruise?

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:33 am
Were going

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:36 am
Princess23 wrote:
It’s not about judgment. I am curious what types of people go. What types of jobs do they have? Do they own wealthy business’s? Why would you choose going to project inspire for a Shabbaton instead of exploring the world and going on an Alaskan cruise?

Really?
Becauuse this is what we CAN do at the moment
There were no other all inclusive shabbatons specifically this week, specifically close to NY

I don’t understand why you are asking
Why can’t you just be happy for me
To be able to enjoy with my husband while he’s still here?

I don’t know why I have a need to explain myself, but I feel I need to stick up for myself.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:43 am
I assumed you were the OP from that other thread but I didn't want to ask. I am so happy for you that you were able to find something that works for you. I'm not going this year but we have gone in the past and it was a beautiful experience.

May you have a peaceful rejuvenating shabbos

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:48 am
amother Wheat wrote:
I assumed you were the OP from that other thread but I didn't want to ask. I am so happy for you that you were able to find something that works for you. I'm not going this year but we have gone in the past and it was a beautiful experience.

TY

Princess23

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:49 am
amother Wheat wrote:

I have gone as well and am happy for op. I’m not sure why it’s coming off as a judgement, instead of just asking questions. This year we couldn’t go because we have a baby. Maybe next year iyh when everything settled. No, we don’t have a lot of money, but I make sure to use money set aside to enjoy life to go.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:49 am
Princess23 wrote:

Were going but someone is sponsoring us. Were far from wealthy.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:55 am
Princess23 wrote:
I have gone as well and am happy for op. I’m not sure why it’s coming off as a judgement, instead of just asking questions. This year we couldn’t go because we have a baby. Maybe next year iyh when everything settled. No, we don’t have a lot of money, but I make sure to use money set aside to enjoy life to go.

Because it's rude and tactless to tell someone who is spending money on an experience how expensive it is. She didn't come here asking for the price. She said she is going and your response was inappropriate. Also kind of weird for you to be asking what kind of people go if you have gone yourself in the past.

wtvr

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:13 am
OP,

I thought it might be you when I first read your post, but wasn't going to ask.

I just want to say I'm so happy for you that you found something and are able to go!

Enjoy the time away with your husband, be pampered by the delicious food someone is serving you, and have fun at the entertainment.

Don't feel pressured to cram everything in. If a lecture topic or speaker appeals to you, go, but if you'd rather take a nap, or chill in the lobby with someone you just met, do that.
This trip is about doing things for YOU! You've been wanting this for a long time and you deserve it!

Iyh it should live up to your expectations, and even exceed them, all in good health for you and your husband.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Really?
Becauuse this is what we CAN do at the moment
There were no other all inclusive shabbatons specifically this week, specifically close to NY

I don’t understand why you are asking
Why can’t you just be happy for me
To be able to enjoy with my husband while he’s still here?

I don’t know why I have a need to explain myself, but I feel I need to stick up for myself.

First of all I’m sorry you got such a harsh judgmental response. I’m happy for you that you’re going regardless of your circumstances. Project inspire is a wonderful organization and many of the speakers are amazing.
I personally would love to hear Rabbi Joey Haber if I were to be going.
Have a wonderful Shabbos, full of inspiration and all the best

Princess23

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:58 am
Check out rabbi Chanan Gordon when you’re there. His one of the best speakers there. His very bright. Went to Harvard law.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:42 am
OP I hope you and everyone else going have a wonderful time and enjoy in all ways.
PSA for others who may be interested was told the motz Shabbos program will be live streamed on Torah anytime
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics