Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Longest sheitel you saw/heard of
Previous  1  2  3

freidasima

Post Sat, Mar 26 2011, 3:07 pm
I think that the problem of sheitls without bangs is that it is usually very very obvious that the sheitl and hairline don't match. Maybe the lace front ones are better but usually you just see a thick part of hair starting somewhere which is unlike anything you have in real life. Center parts, side parts, they are all the same. In real life you have lots of wispy tiny hairs in front, thin ones that lead to the real thick hair and in a sheitl you don't. Hence the bangs of any kind cover the hairline and that isn't noticeable.

That's why band falls if the band isn't super wide, can look quite real and more natural. For those women who show some hair in front or even their own very short bangs, no different than showing bangs out of a tichel or a hat...

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 26 2011, 3:35 pm
I don't know. Random non Jews never saw even with a synthetic.
My hairdresser friend had to be proved it was a wig with my good one.
Bangs don't look so good on most people IMHO.

ally

Post Sat, Mar 26 2011, 4:22 pm
I think Shevy can make as long as you want...and they do a great blonde, but you'll be paying $3000+

penguin

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 7:46 pm
Quote:
I hope nobody will take this personally, but I am curious why someone would want to wear a style which, to me, seems to have no purpose other than to be very s-xy? Is that what wearing a sheitel is supposed to accomplish?

when I was thinking to lengthen my wig I was a little worried bc I know some pple have that idea about long wigs. so I started looking at people with long wigs to see if they gave off a slutty image- so some do and some dont. and then I noticed that some people with shorter wigs give off slutty images too and I realized its more the person than the wig. I dont think on me my long wig looks s-xy, rather imho it looks pretty. very different

I just came from a simcha, and I have to say, the girls wearing a long sheitel were all wearing a tight skirt that barely covered their knees, high heels you can bearly balance in, with painted toes showing, stockings so sheer you were really wondering if they were there. Oh, and lots of makeup. In short, it seemed to invariably be a package, whose intent was clear, at least I thought so. Unless they're all just clueless & copying each other because they think everyone else looks nebby. I found it very sad that women feel they have to cheapen themselves in this way. This is independent of tznius - it's a lack of self-respect, in my opinion.

I think it boils down to - do you dress to camouflage your physical self so that people relate to you as soul, or do you dress to decorate and emphasize your physical self?

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 9:47 pm
youre allowed to look pretty, penguin.
im not saying I think super-long shaitels are the tznius ideal...
but I think we should focus on other bigger issues we have....

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 9:50 pm
penguin wrote:

In short, it seemed to invariably be a package, whose intent was clear, at least I thought so.

It seems like your intent in life is to judge why others dress the way they do. Get a hobby.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 9:52 pm
Ruchel, Fortune Wigs in Brooklyn, NY has really long wigs. I'm not sure if that helps you, but here's their website:
http://www.fortunewigs.com/eur......html

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 9:59 pm
yeah the mazali pony wig from fortune wigs is like 26 inches or so... maybe more? and its cheap

esther s

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 10:43 pm
try tori wigs
they have an incredible line of blonds, ashy blondes, platnum....
they also count legnth from the shortest layer, so my 16 inch wig actually measures around 19-20 inches but the shortest layer is 16 inches. it costs like 1575 I believe.

and to all you mothers saying long sheitals are untznius or outdated...the posted did not ask for YOUR opinion on the matter. she asked about how long the longest wig is. it is unhelpful to state your own style if she is uninteredsted in your opinion

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 8:06 am
Penguin really, ... yeah. Get your own thread and vent there, it's boring. Yawn.

I went to a sheitel sale and they had this looooong (28 or 30 inches??) wig. It was great. Unfortunately they only make it on very dark, 2 or 4. The lady even called Eretz to ask if they had something more for me, but they didn't Sad
It was also cheaper than mine, so I am not so sure about hair quality...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels