Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
I need your help organizing my pantry

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 5:59 am
My pantry is always a wreck, and I can never find things when I need them. I know there's got to be a better way to do this - so those of you who've figured it out, I'd love it if you can share some of your organizing tips.
My pantry is a pretty deep cabinet, with two shelves. Here's a basic list of what I keep in it:
baking goods (flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, etc.)
pastas
tomato sauce
beans, barley, rice
soup mixes
bread crumbs, matza meal
oatmeal
crackers, rice cakes

cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 6:48 am
my pantry is also pretty deep and things kept getting lost in the back so I baught plastik bins and now I have in-use stuff (one of each item) in the front and extras in the back all in bins so its easy to reach.
I have two bins for baking goods, two for pastas, rice barly and such, two for rice cakes and crckers etc. this way I use the whole shelf but don't have to go digging in the back.

mom4life

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 8:42 am
Mine isn't as deep but I just go with whatever I used most is lower and if I don't use it as much its higher up.
Caveat - anything my DS likes is out of his reach.

Marion

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 8:43 am
Tupperware. I can find anything, though my pantry is at least 2 rectangular modulars deep.

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 9:23 am
my sister just told me a great tip for plastic ware (we use a lot of it!!)---she puts her plasticware in a regular drawer for silverware and puts knives in one compartment, straws in another one, spoons, etc.

maofboys

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 7:17 pm
I use a lot of tuperware. I especialy like the ones for cerial they are tall and thin I put rice, pasta and cerial in them. I use round ones for flour and sugar. I never keep anything in the closet that is made out of carboard or open. If bugs get into the pantry that is a lot of food gone. even open crackers and pretzels get put in plastic container. I also recycle the big ones you get from pretzels at cosco.

bigprincess

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 7:35 pm
http://www.oxo.com/p-877-10-pi......aspx these are great. They are airtight so it keeps everything fresh and neat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics