Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Thrush 3x!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 9:51 am
my 6 month old DD has thrush yet again! this is her 3rd time getting it! Sad I dont know where its coming from and the past 2 times the doctor gave her antibiotics, and it went away, but I dont want to continue giving it to her! any remedies??? and im nervous to nurse her cuz I really dont want a yeast infection!

Eva Apple

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 10:06 am
I wouldnt give antibiotics for thrush quickly...
First I put daKtarin in the mouth and vusion in diaper area...
I find that giving antibiotics is not a solution since it always comes back.

Be sure to sterilize bottles, pacis etc.
Try giving her acidapholis, culturell on a daily basis...

Those were the things that helped my six month old.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 10:26 am
whats daKtarin and vusion?
and I plan on giving her and myself acidophillis/ pro biotics also

imasinger

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 1:38 pm
Gentian violet works well.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 2:05 pm
Vusion, I believe is a perscription cream. By the way, nystatin in the mouth of the baby did not work for me. Daktarin was amazing. It is over the counter, made in England. I am not sure if it is FDA approved, but its made by a reputable pharmaceutical company, McNeil. I was able to buy it in Lakewood at Pharmex pharmacy, or at a mother's dream. A lactation consultant or labor coach may carry it as well. Be diligent in applying it for the amount of time directed. It will disappear quickly but may not be truly gone unless you finish the treatment course. Also, for yourself there is another Daktarin cream to apply. You can also get a script from your dr. for tripple nipple cream, works amazing. It will releive your itchiness, its made of 3 ingredients one being nystatin. Available in Lakewood at Refuah Pharmacy. My dr said this can also be used in the baby's diaper are 3 times a day. It works wonders.

Hatzlacha!

Kugel lover

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 2:15 pm
I had thrush with my baby a few times & the only thing that got rid of it totally is clear cream on me & daktrin in my babys mouth.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 4:21 pm
I never tried this (no kids yet Wink ) but someone mentioned to me that potato starch/flour like what you use on pesach, if you sprinkle that like baby powder on the area of the thrush it works better than any cream.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:25 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
I never tried this (no kids yet Wink ) but someone mentioned to me that potato starch/flour like what you use on pesach, if you sprinkle that like baby powder on the area of the thrush it works better than any cream.

I never heard of that but it definitly makes sense! I'm gonna try that! and I'm sure I wont have a hard time finding potato starch! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics