Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Oral thrush in babies

Rabbit613

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 2:29 pm
I need some advice. My baby is about a month old. I'm pretty sure he has thrush. Can it go away on it's own or do I need to go to a doctor?
Also is it painful for the baby?

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 2:30 pm
You need to take the baby to the dr to have it go away. It is painful for babies.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 2:38 pm
Get a good baby-friendly probiotic to put/smear around in baby's mouth. You also need to treat yourself because chances are you will be passing it back and forth to each other. It is super painful for mom.

Dumbledore

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 4:29 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
You need to take the baby to the dr to have it go away. It is painful for babies.

My dr said it doesn’t bother the baby but it’s definitely super painful for mom. If both of you have it you both need antibiotic (fluconozole) but if you don’t and only baby I can get lysine from the health food store and mix with a little water and use a cotton swab the swish around baby’s mouth

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 4:33 pm
becka1 wrote:
My dr said it doesn’t bother the baby but it’s definitely super painful for mom. If both of you have it you both need antibiotic (fluconozole) but if you don’t and only baby I can get lysine from the health food store and mix with a little water and use a cotton swab the swish around baby’s mouth

It definitely can be painful/ sore for babies. I should have said not always, but my babies always got very kvetchy and would refuse to nurse.

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 8:00 pm
becka1 wrote:

fluconazole is an antifungal med, not antibiotic
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics