Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Magic mill anyone?

peanutg

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 11:00 am
I'm looking for a mixer that will fit 5 pounds of challah. The kitchen aid, from what I hear, doesn't cut it. What about the magic mill. How much do they cost?

shanie5

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 12:59 pm
magic mill does 5 lbs easily. I paid around $400 for mine a few years ago.

There is also a 6 qt kitchenaid that is supposed to hold 5 lbs of flour, but I have the 5 qt so I cant tell u if its true.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 1:19 pm
The Bosch also can handle 5 lbs of flour. I owned one for about 10 years until it died. If I were to purchase a mixer for challah baking today, I would buy a Magic Mill. It has a larger capacity (about 7 lbs) and appears to to have a mixing action that comes closer to kneading by hand than the Bosch or Kitchenaid.

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 1:24 pm
I'm happy with my magic mill, which I have had for about 5 years. I do a 5lb challa recipe in it every week, and it does triple batches of cake and cookie dough easily. I have not used any other machine, except for a kenwood, which is much smaller.

I would probably buy it again if this one dies. It would be nice if it lasted for ever but I don't think they make electronic items like that anymore.

my sil had a few issues with hers though. Maybe I was just lucky, I have not had any problems.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 4:24 pm
I always wanted a MM. I never won it from a chinese Auction and could not justify spending $$$ like that ....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars