Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Did you have a lot of leftovers ?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 9:00 pm
We threw away some food that we had served several times and didn't taste good anymore. Besides that, no ... and you ?

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 9:15 pm
No, very little because I served leftovers the last day. I didn't cook anything for then.

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 9:56 pm
Nothing. I did it on purpose. Post pesach the food doesn't go anymore.

shanie5

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 11:31 pm
we had some leftovers. The marrieds took some home, and we finished the rest at home.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 12:10 am
No BH. I tried to cook as much as we needed.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 12:15 am
No, not really. I have one more container of applesauce in the freezer, and a couple lbs of frozen cooked tilapia in the freezer as well. Guess that will be my lunches/dinner all week. lol

Tamiri

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 12:32 am
No. I immediately froze leftovers so I would not have to throw out. I had just one little piece of chicken and potatoes that I tossed after it got too old. Staples, I will use all year round. Matza the kids love. There really is no waste BH.

grace413

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 12:35 am
Just chicken soup, which is the same as the rest of the year so that's fine. Also matza, but less than I had left over last year and I'll be using that for lechem mishneh til it runs out.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 3:39 pm
Still have extra batch of chicken soup, brisket (came out real delish) and meatballs all tucked in freezer. I'm dissapointed almost all charoset (mine is thick, cooked ones) is gone, I was hoping to save till much later. We finished matza lasagna (big hit with the kids) and all macaroons/baked goodies were gone with my morning coffees.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 4:02 pm
I have extra chicken soup (as well as a few matza balls) in the freezer. That's it. B"H we had lots of guests with good appetites this year and everything went.

imabima

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 7:01 am
I cooked tons of extra over yontif on purpose, so I have about 5 chickens, 2 pans of brisket, 4 meals worth of meatballs, a huge pot of chicken soup, fruit soup, a broccoli kugel and a spinach kugel. I am overdue and patiently waiting and because I couldn't stock up my freezer before Pesach with chametzdik food, I took care of it over Pesach instead!

anonymom

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 7:32 am
yo'ma wrote:
No, very little because I served leftovers the last day. I didn't cook anything for then.

same here

Isramom8

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 8:10 am
Saving some matzah for Pesach Sheini.

Liba

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 8:21 am
I served leftovers as lunches chol hamoed so, except for the chicken soup stock which I made extra of on purpose and a bit of home made ice cream, no leftovers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics