Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Re-Dyeing Shevy Sheitel?

binah918

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 8:45 am
I have a Shevy sheitel that is in desperate need of a dye job. Of course Shevys are known for having great highlights. I want to make sure that the highlights and the original color will be just as great with the dye job as when I bought the sheitel. Do I need to send the sheitel back to Shevy to get this done. Or do local sheitel machers know how to put the original color and highlights back in?

If I need to send it back to Shevy, how long do they take to dye it?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 11:31 am
I re-dye at shevy's, I think it comes out good and didnt take me more than I think it was 2 days.

livalittle

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 11:53 am
I hear that dying is bad for sheitel - instead, you can have a sheitel macher glaze it with color and nutrients. It costs abt 75 dollars. I know that my mother has someone in monsey who can do it. If you're interested I can find out.

mumof1

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 2:26 pm
I dyed my shevys at shevys in brooklyn.
she does a great job and reput in all the highlights after.
btw, dyeing the sheitel makes it silkier.

mumof1

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 2:27 pm
I dyed my shevys at shevys in brooklyn.
she does a great job and reput in all the highlights after.
btw, dyeing the sheitel makes it silkier.
mommamin, that is only for hair, not a wig.

Earnest

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 7:16 pm
The custom manufacturers' are much better at servicing their wig than your local shaytel macher. They are also generous with adding highlights...they want a satisfied customer, they're dealing without the middle-man, and the wigs are so expensive, its only fair to add the highlights back in (sew in a few hairs) because its impossible to dye-in high-lights. Good luck and enjoy it!

Frumom

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 7:18 pm
How much does Shevy charge for that?
What about adding hair, how much do they charge for that?

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 1:24 pm
I sent my shevy to get re-dyed and it took me 2 weeks to get it bc I was sending across a few states. altho it did come back silkier it also within a very short time, a few months went back to the red that I had hated so much. The sheitel when I got it was black. And now it's darkish brown with red highlights. UGLY!

mommyheart

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 11:20 pm
you could also just buy a bottle of dye from the store, revlon or some brand like that and do it. if your highlights are not too strong, they come back over time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels